Navigating My Life A Panama Pacific Experience
- Sansara Surf & Yoga Resort
- Los Santos, Panama
- Feb 24 - Mar 2, 2019 (7 days)
- $1,690 USD Quad room $1,790 USD Triple room $2,050 USD Standard Double room $2,200 USD Deluxe Double room
Navigating My Life: A Pacific Panama Experience
Returning for our third annual Sansara retreat!
Join experienced international teachers Dan Hines and Marcia Wilson for this unique themed Courage & Renewal®, yoga and surfing experience in sunny Panama. We will play and learn at Sansara Surf and Yoga Resort in lovely Cambutal.
The theme guiding this exploration is Wayfinding: the traditional art and skill of navigating the open ocean. Sansara offers an inspiring beachfront location on the Pacific Ocean: waters where ancient navigation practices are being rediscovered among the Pacific Islands.
The program brings together diverse lineages into a unified learning. Through daily yoga sessions, the Circles of Trust© Approach, surfing, journal writing, small group facilitation, and conversation, we will be attentive to our bodies, listen to our hearts and minds, and invite our personal narratives to speak to us. The stories and images of wayfinding practices will guide us as we learn how to better navigate the complex voyage of a human life.
A deposit of $750 USD is required by November 1, 2018 to reserve a spot (the last two years we sold out of some room types). *This deposit is non-refundable after October 1, 2018 but may be transfered to another participant. The full amount remaining (less the $750 deposit) will be invoiced for payment in early January 2019. Upon registration and payment of your deposit, more program information details will be sent to you (including a sample of previous retreats so you can prepare for the 2019 experience.)
*Please note these travel days! Participants must plan to arrive in Panama City by Saturday, February 23, 2019 (many of us arrive earlier to explore the city!). You will need to plan a departure flight from Panama City on the morning of Sunday, March 3, 2019 at the earliest (as we arrive back in Panama City by the shuttle bus on Saturday evening. March 2, 2019.)
2019 Program Costs by Room Type:
$1,690 USD Quad room (4 people sharing and 8 spaces total)
$1,790 USD Triple room (3 people sharing and 3 spaces total)
$2,050 USD Standard Double room (2 people sharing and 10 spaces total)
$2,200 USD Deluxe Double room (2 people sharing and 2 spaces total)
$2,435 USD Premium Double Suite (2 people sharing and 4 spaces total)
*Please contact us if you would prefer a single occupancy room as this may be possible.
What is included in the program costs?
• 6 nights of luxury accommodations in our beachfront cabanas (Sunday night to Friday night)
• Arrival day dinner and departure day breakfast
• 3 healthy, balanced meals daily (5 days)
• Transportation to and from Panama City to Sansara
• 1 Complimentary Group Surf Lesson
• Complimentary Rentals for SUP and/or Kayak
• Unlimited use of snorkel gear, bicycles
• Organic bathroom products shampoo/conditioner/soap
• Hypoallergenic beddings and towels
• Beach towels included in room
What is not included in the program costs?
• Airfare/Transport to Panama City and accomodations in Panama City
• Travel insurance (recommended)
• Alcoholic Beverages (option to include)
• Snacks/Smoothies/Juices (option to include)
• Additional excursions, surf school and/or rentals (option to include)
• Items of a personal nature/souvenirs
There is in us an instinct for newness, for renewal, for a liberation of creative power. We seek to awaken in ourselves a force which really changes our lives from within. And yet the same instinct tells us that this change is a recovery of that which is deepest, most original, most personal in ourselves. To be born again is not to become somebody else, but to become ourselves. Thomas Merton
- Wisdom Teaching
- Contemplative Practices
- Inspiring Yoga
- Exciting Surfing
- Amazing Food!
Venue HighlightsSansara is a magical place on the Pacific Ocean side of Panama and right on the beach.
The staff and amenities are remarkable.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleThis describes one of the several days we will experience together at Sansara in February/March 2017 during the Wayfinding experience.
• Another day begins
• Sunrise and an early walk on the beach or a luxurious sleep in!
• 7-7:45am Optional Practice – Sweet Round of Meditation- simple asana, pranayama and meditation (alternate options- sunrise walk, sleep in or activity of your choosing)
• 8-9am Coffee or a smoothie and another beautiful Sansara breakfast to begin a full day together. Order from Sansara breakfast menu.
• 9:30am-12:30pm Main session of day combining Dan’s work facilitating learning about wayfinding concepts with a yoga practice which weaves in the days learnings (see more below about our work together)
• 1pm- Lunch – healthy, delicious and nourishing. Order from Sansara lunch menu.
• 2-5pm Free afternoon time- your chance to bike, hike, sleep, swim, surf, paddleboard, massage, rest, tan… your time to be. Dan and Marcia will provide some optional guided resources for journal writing and reflection for those who want to go deeper into learning in the afternoons.
• 5-6:15pm Optional evening yoga practice (restorative) themed on the learnings of the morning.
• 6:30pm Sansara dinner served family style- a beautiful gathering of friends.
• Post dinner- will include Sansara retreat events such as visiting the local turtle hatchery on some nights and facilitated group activities on other nights. Each facilitated evening gives further time and guided direction to integrate the learning from the day. We discover the perspective of truly being in our bodies and re-activating our sensory awareness. We find that all that we creating is arising from the vision we carry.
• A quiet time ends our day: a time for further deeper conversation, an evening stroll on the beach to moonlight and a restful sleep for another amazing day
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineThe menu is diverse and a fusion of various cuisines.
AccommodationsAll rooms are newly built, beautiful and custom designed; they have AC and vary in set up from quads to doubles shared.
DirectionsTransit is included from Panama City to Sansara Surf and Yoga Resort (Cambutal, Panama).