The Warriors Who Are Wise - a Monastic Residency at Gampo Abbey
- Gampo Abbey Shambhala Center
- Pleasant Bay, Nova Scotia, Canada
- Jan 8 - Jul 8, 2018 (182 days)
As part of the monastery’s role in helping to hold practice and study within community, the intention is that a period of complete immersion in the dharma offers practitioners the opportunity for processing and deepening which can also benefit the broader society as more people train in this way and return to household life.
Residents will be participating in creating a culture of basic goodness through practice, study, training, service, and community life grounded in meditation. The residency includes:
- 4-6 hours of daily meditation practice
- Temporary monastic ordination and training
- Yarne 45-day monastic retreat with Acharya Ani Pema Chödrön
- Experiential classes and additional study courses
- Community sessions and processing
- Teaching visit from Khenpo Gawang Rinpoche
- 4 hours of daily service with a weekly nyinthun and open day
Pre-requisites are the Refuge Vow, Shambhala Training Levels I-V, the Everyday Life series, and the Rigden Weekend. Monastic resident contribution: $3000 CDN
We are happy to assist you in planning for meeting the prerequisites as well as financial assistance with the required contribution. Please contact us. Space is limited.Source: gampoabbey.org
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.