The Chakras: A Meditation Retreat
- The Center at Ananda Laurelwood
- Laurelwood, Oregon, USA
- Jan 11 - 13, 2019 (3 days)
- A) Economy Twin (Shared) - $365.00 B) Economy Twin/Full (Private) - $415.00 C) Standard Twin (Shared) - $415.00 D) Standard Twin (Private) - $485.00 E) Premium Queen - $525.00 F) Deluxe Queen (w/private bath) - $655.00 G)…
In this retreat*, you will:
- Learn an effective and practical meditation technique to become aware of the subtle energy body and the 7 energy centers (chakras) which are located in the central channel (sushumna) of the energy body
- Using meditation, we will explore the connection between the chakras and our psychological and emotional states
- Through Ananda Yoga®, we will use the asanas and pranayama to direct energy upward in the sushumna and awaken and stimulate the chakras
- Experience a devotional evening of chanting and meditation using sound and visualization to open and stimulate the chakras
- Personal retreat time
**To register for the Saturday only portion of the program click here.
Explore spiritual principles, based on the teachings of Paramhansa Yogananda, author of Autobiography of a Yogi. Feel the joy of community while surrounded in the beauty and peace of our rural retreat center west of Portland, Oregon.
To read reviews for Miriam and David, please click here!
The Center at Ananda Laurelwood is an ideal environment to quickly “unplug” from life’s daily stresses and learn lifelong techniques for an improved quality of life. The retreat center has great energy, beautiful surroundings, and warm, open people. The food was excellent and the lodging comfortable.
Venue HighlightsThe Center at Ananda Laurelwood is located 45 minutes west of downtown Portland in Oregon, surrounded by farmland, forest, and wetlands, with vistas of gently rolling hills stretching west to the coastal range. Quiet, serene, and inspiring, the landscape itself rejuvenates the soul.
The campus was originally designed and built as a residential high-school for the Seventh Day Adventist community. Retreat buildings are updated and comfortable, while retaining the charm and nostalgia of mid-century architecture.
Classrooms are sunny and bright, with plenty of room to stretch out and immerse yourself in a workshop, discussion group, or movement class.
Afternoon yoga classes are offered almost daily, year round.
Group meditations are held each morning and mid-day. Meditation instruction can be arranged.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineAll meals are vegetarian, with vegan and gluten-free options available. Grace Kitchen tries to accommodate special dietary needs.
AccommodationsMost of the accommodations at the Center at Ananda Laurelwood are dorm-style bedrooms with shared bathrooms down the hall. Most rooms have a sink in the corner. All rooms have ample closets and are quite spacious, light, and airy with good-sized windows looking out either across Laurelwood valley or onto the hillside above the retreat center.
You can choose your sleeping preference: twin, double, or queen bed. A small number of rooms have an en suite bathroom. A 2-bedroom apartment with kitchen and bath is also available.
DirectionsFrom Portland airport (PDX), take the MAX light rail to the Beaverton Transit Station. Uber or Lyft are available for the picturesque, 30-minute drive to the Center at Ananda Laurelwood.
For GPS directions, enter Academy Way, Gaston OR.