People of Color, Shambhala Vajrayana Retreat
- Casa Werma
- Libertad 80, Colonia Centro Patzcuaro, Mich. 61600 Mexico
- Mar 23 - 31, 2019 (9 days)
- Colibri Suite - $967.00 Leoncita - $823.00 La Casita Shared Lodging - $655.00 Camping in the garden / Acampar en el jardín - $535.00 Off-site Estancia De La Era Queen Size - $895.00 Off-site Estancia de la Era - La Suite -…
This retreat will meet group practice requirements for Primordial Rigden ngondro, werma and Scorpion Seal practitioners.
Retreat at Casa Werma offers:
- Stroke practice at the table where the Dorje Dradul wrote the Werma Sadhana
- Lush drala gardens
- A visit to the nearby archeological site, Tzintzuntzan (“the place of the hummingbird”),
- the ruins where both Sakyongs have performed lhasangs
- a courtyard filled with “the oldest olive trees in the New World”
- Local artisans in pottery, ceramics, wood-carving, embroidery, and reed-weaving.
This retreat is for any Shambhala Vajrayana practitioner who also identify as a person of color.
Retreatants will receive a list of practice and study materials to bring.
We recommend flights into Morelia airport (90 minutes away by car). We can help with travel arrangements, please inquire about options. Visit our How to Get Here page for more info.
Pay-It-Forward program tuition not including accommodations: $563 usd We invite all who are able to do so to consider paying the Pay-It-Forward tuition rate. By doing so, you make it possible for us to offer scholarships to others, particularly our Mexico sangha, while also covering the direct cost of your stay here and contributing to our year-round operations. Please select Pay-It-Forward Tuition Add-On in Registration.
Full program tuition not including accommodations: $455 usd We invite all who are able to do so to pay the full tuition rate. By doing so, you cover the direct cost of your stay here and contribute to our year-round operating expenses.
Subsidized program tuition not including accommodations: 30% off Full Tuition If the full tuition is unworkable for you, please pay the subsidized rate. By doing so you contribute towards the cost of your being here and everything it takes to keep Casa Werma operating year-round. Unfortunately, Casa Werma is not able to offer work/trade options at this time. Please type “SUBSIDIZED” in Discount Code in Registration.
Scorpion Seal Assemblies 1 & 2 of June 2018 contributed moneys to the Shambhala People of Color Scholarship Fund, specifically to support this retreat. Please connect with the SPOCSF for more info on how to access this assistance.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with any further questions.