Mindfulness Meditation Retreat: A 7-Day, Teacher-Led, Silent Retreat
- Shambhala Mountain Center
- Jun 30 - Jul 7, 2018 (8 days)
- Tuition $665 + 7 nights
Co-sponsored by the Center for Mindfulness in Medicine, Health Care, and Society.
All of us have an innate capacity to experience well being, strength, and confidence, even in the face of stress, pain, or illness. In order to enhance that capacity, we introduce the power of mindfulness, the practice of meeting each moment with an open heart and mind. The Mindfulness Meditation Retreat is an intensive 7-day, residential, teacher-led, silent meditation retreat which emphasizes the deep understanding and practice of mindfulness meditation in its most universal and secular expression.
The Mindfulness Meditation Retreat is suitable for mindfulness teachers or aspiring teachers, and fulfills the retreat prerequisite for attending Oasis Institute training programs.
The Retreat includes meditation instruction, talks by senior teachers, guided sessions of mindfulness meditation practice, movement exercises, and mindful eating, as well as sessions of contemplation and teachings to deepen the understanding of the practice.
This is not an introductory retreat, and prior experience with a personal meditation practice is recommended. If you are new to mindfulness practice or would prefer an introductory program, you may enjoy Janet’s other Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction programs.
Endorsement from Saki Santorelli, Executive Director at the Center for Mindfulness:
“The Mindfulness Meditation Retreat is designed to mirror and express the essential and universal approach of MBSR by fostering a rigorous retreat experience that is independent of any religious viewpoint. And because the themes, practice instructions, and outlook of the retreat are all rooted in the MBSR experience, there will be a natural continuity with our Oasis Institute MBSR teacher training curriculum and criteria. For this reason, and because of the longtime MBSR teaching experience of Jim and Janet, we at the Center for Mindfulness are happy to co-sponsor and endorse this retreat.”
The Mindfulness Meditation Retreat is based on the Mindfulness-Based Stress Reduction (MBSR) principles developed by Jon Kabat-Zinn and Saki Santorelli at the Center for Mindfulness in the University of Massachusetts Medical School.
- Provide a safe and nourishing environment for the cultivation and development of a deep and grounded mindfulness meditation practice.
- Foster a rigorous retreat experience, independent of any religious outlook, that fulfills Oasis Institute prerequisites.
- Offer excellent support and guidance from highly trained and experienced teachers and meditation instructors.
- Practice noble silence to develop a strong container for deepening meditation practice.
- Participants must attend all practice sessions
Attitudes to Cultivate
- Beginner’s mind
- Letting go
- Listening and participating
- Genuine effort
- No food or drink (except water) in meditation room