Living Radical Dharma
- Shambhala Mountain Center
- Aug 10 - 13, 2018 (4 days)
- Tuition $250 + 3 nights
Radical Dharma is an urgent call to dharma communities to wake from the habitual ways they and their members reproduce and sustain exclusion. Radical Dharma advocates a “new dharma” that deconstructs rather than amplifies systems of suffering, and prepares us to weigh the shortcomings not only of our own minds, but also of our communities. We can only accomplish shifts in awareness through radical honesty, a common ground where we can drop our need for perfection to speak and act from a place of deep vulnerability, and authentic presence. Regardless of how unpleasant this feels or how messy this looks, Radical Dharma emerges out this kind of disarmed honesty, just as a lotus emerges from the mud.
- To create a space where participants can practice radical honesty
- To create a space where historically marginalized voices in American sanghas are centered
- To investigate how “politics of dis-belonging” plays a role in silencing ourselves and others
- To equip participants with tools that can be taken back to their practices communities to continue the work creating radically inclusive and honest communities
This retreat draws from the book Radical Dharma: Talking Race, Love & LiberationSource: www.shambhalamountain.org
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.