3-night Summer Retreat
- Brussels Mindfulness
- Hurtebise, Belgien
- Jul 12 - 15, 2018 (4 days)
- 445 € (early bird until Sunday 17 June, full rate afterwards 495 €)
Join us for a deeply nourishing and transformative retreat in the beautiful convent of Hurtebise in the forests of the Belgian Ardennes. Together we will discover that taking care of others and of the world around us starts with taking care of ourselves, and that we cannot be there for others if we cannot be there for ourselves. We will take time to slow down, unplug, relax and to tap into our own capacities of healing.
Take a break from the stress of your busy life with all its challenges and demands and immerse yourself in the tranquillity of this sacred and beautiful space. Enjoy mindful movement/yoga, guided mindfulness meditation and mindful walking in the forests around the convent. In the breaks you can also listen to the deeply touching chanting of the Benedictine nuns.
The retreat will mostly be take place in silence. The accommodation is in simple, but comfortable single rooms with shared bathrooms. At an extra cost, ayurvedic massage sessions are also available.
I took away lots of little tools that help me to “stop and think” from time to time. A retreat is like a big shot of that, which gives me a boost to continue at home.
- You will be enjoying:
- Different forms of meditation and yoga.
- Practices for deep relaxation.
- Simple and nourishing food, prepared with love by the nuns.
- The sacred and healing energy of an active convent.
- Free time to enjoy walks or simply relaxing in the beautiful surroundings.
- A group of likeminded people with whom you can share experiences.
- Single and comfortable rooms.
- Periods of silence to encourage reflection and relaxation.
- The possibility for an ayurvedic massage for inner healing and relaxation.
- Possibility for individual talks with the trainers.
Venue HighlightsThe retreat will take place in the convent of Hurtebise, an active Benedictine convent in the Belgian Ardennes close to Saint-Hubert.
The location is a haven of peace and calm. You can participate in the worship ceremonies of the nuns and enjoy their deep concentration and love.
Tea, coffee, fruit and snacks are available throughout the retreat.
Around the monastery there are many beautiful walks through the fields and woods.
Schedule8.00 – 9.00: Mindful movement & meditation
9.00 – 10.00: Breakfast
10.00 – 11.00: Guided sitting meditation + dialogue
11.00 – 11.30: Tea/coffee
11.30 – 12.30: Guided walking & sitting meditation
12.30 – 13.30: Lunch
13.30 – 15.00: Guided mindful walk
15.00 – 15.30: Tea/coffee
15.30 – 16.30: Silent walking & sitting meditation
16.30 – 16.45: Tea/coffee
16.45 – 18.00: Guided sitting meditation & teaching
18.00 – 19.30: Dinner
19.30 – 21.00: Meditation, teaching & relaxation