SwellWomen Mentawai Islands Surf & Yoga Retreat
- Maui, Hawaii, USA
- Mar 22 - 29, 2019 (8 days)
- Aloita Shared Bungalow - $3,995.00
Escape to a Hidden Treasure!
This secluded tropical island is surrounded by white sand beach, magnificent coral reef, turquoise water and lush tropical vegetation. Oh, and did we mention just a short walk away from Aloita is an all-levels surf break and a 10-20 minute boat ride away access to a plethora of premier surf breaks?
Aloita Resort is an beautiful Boutique Resort with only 10 beachfront bungalows, surrounded by lush tropical vegetation and a 2 km private white sand beach. Each bungalow is entirely self contained, with it’s own private ocean facing deck, and is constructed using only the highest quality materials.
Bungalow features include:
- Beachfront with ocean view
- Private bathroom plus open air garden shower with hot water
- Air-conditioning and ceiling fan
- Mosquito nets
- Beach chairs & towels
- Daily cleaning
The Mentawais are considered to be one of the most consistent and diverse surfing destinations on the planet. For those intermediate / advanced surfers, you’ll have access to a number of breaks including Iceland, Ombak Tidur, Seven Palms to name a few. Your package includes 2 daily speedboat surf sessions (morning & afternoon) with our experienced surf guide and coach.
For our beginners, you’ll be surfing at a break called Tikus and your package includes 5 lessons on a soft top longboard.
Very important to note: all of the surf breaks are over coral reef. We will teach you how to fall flat in hope of avoiding injury, but there is a risk of scrapes and cuts. Reef shoes can be worn, but keep in mind they are not eco for the water environment.
Coaching & Yoga:
Lulu will be leading you through some amazing restorative yoga sessions to counter the yang of surfing. And through Gina’s coaching program, you will discover how to live and lead a life more fully, authentically and meaningfully. You will tap into your strongest most confident self, identify and manage the inner critic, and set a path forward to a fulfilled and successful life.
Are you ready to be spoiled by super yummy cuisine, perfect waves, juicy restorative yoga in tropical paradise? The islands are remote, but it’s sooooo worth the adventure!
Your Retreat in the Mentawais Includes:
- Seven nights in the beautifully crafted bungalows of Aloita Resort, with incredible ocean views from every corner.
- Three beautifully prepared meals by our in-house chefs. Note: We can cater for your dietary requirements and preferences, so please let us know when booking.
- Unlimited coffee, tea and water.
- Beginners: 5 x surf lessons with professional, patient, and knowledgeable surf instructors. Intermediate / Advanced Surfers: 6 days of surfing twice a day with a guide / surf coach.
- Swell Life Coaching Program with Gina Larkin, Transformational Coach that includes both 5 hours of 1:1 and group coaching.
- Daily yoga classes that focus on opening and strengthening the muscle groups used for surfing & restoring the body after a day of surfing.
- 2 x 60 minute massages designed to rejuvenate your surfing muscles and bring relaxation to the body.
- Unlimited access to SUP boards and snorkel equipment.
- Swag Bag including a Carve Designs SPF rash guard.
- One professional photo shoot capturing your surfing highlights.
- Mandatory Mentawais surf tax
- RT Airport transfers
- RT transfer package from preferred hotel in Padang to Aloita.
- RT Flights to Padang
- 2 nights stay in Padang at the Mercure Hotel
- Adult beverages, smoothies, nor soft drinks.
- Surfboards except soft tops. Rentals available please enquire when booking – we highly recommend bringing your surfboard if possible.
- Tips for the staff ~ this is based on your personal experience.
A Very Swell Sample Day
How do we fit so much into one day? By taking care of all the details so that you can truly enjoy your luxury holiday. The surfing time’s depend upon tides and swell size, but here is an example of a SwellWomen Day:
- 6:15am Meditation & pre-surf warm-up
- 7:00am Breakfast
- 8:00am Depart for surf // beginner lessons based on tides
- 11:00 Free Time
- 12:30am Lunch
- 2:30 Transformation Coaching & Blissful Yoga
- 4:30pm Depart for 2nd surf session OR Free Time for snorkeling, SUPing, nap, massage
- 7:00pm Dinner
The schedule may change according to surf conditions, destination or other events that may be added to your surf and wellness package. Do you need to participate in everything? We are here to provide many options for you to choose from. If you opt to relax by the pool the entire day or choose to participate in only one activity per day, you will be supported in that decision. It’s your surf and yoga retreat, and we are here to accommodate you in whatever choice brings you the highest bliss.