Explore Culture, Yoga & Community: A New Year’s Journey in Laos & Cambodia with Mimi & Hawah
- International Yoga
- Luang Prabang
- Dec 28, 2018 - Jan 5, 2019 (9 days)
- $3,495.00 - Shared Double Room $3,995.00 - Single Room
This New Year’s journey will begin in Luang Prabang, a timeless town situated on the banks of the Mekong river. It is told that in this magical city are tales of legend — roots of royal history, saffron-robed monks, world class cuisine and hidden caves. During our days here we will explore the UNESCO protected city center to appreciate its unspoiled Laotian-colonial fusion architecture and take in notable Buddhist temples. Spend an afternoon cruising up the mighty Mekong gazing upon the stunning scenery and taking a tour of the Pak Ou caves, filled with thousands of tiny Buddha statues. Rise to meet the early morning and hundreds of monks processing through the streets accepting offerings of food from the local residents and businesses. Take a dip in the beautiful waterfalls of Tat Khouangsi, known for their unbelievable turquoise waters. Downtime and yoga will be enjoyed at our charming hotel in the heart of the city, perfectly situated near the magnificent markets and Luang Prabang’s revered restaurants.
Mid-week we fly south, to Siem Reap in Cambodia which will be home for our exploration of Angkor Wat. Angkor is one of the world’s most important ancient monuments and a sight not to be missed in this lifetime. Built in the 1100s, this gorgeous and inspiring Hindu temple complex is the national symbol of Cambodia and holds great pride for the Khmer culture. The grandeur and beauty of the structures are only matched by the skilled artistry of the thousands of intricately carved bas reliefs. Our days have been skillfully designed to get the most out of our time here, with an eye for avoiding the crowds. We will see all of the more well-known highlights of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as a few off-the-beaten-track treasures, where we will likely be the only visitors there.
Immerse and cultivate a greater understanding of who you are and your yoga practice while traveling, touring, exploring in the rich culture of Laos & Cambodia. Set amidst these ancient and hallowed civilizations, this pilgrimage reveals and inspire a deeper seat of knowledge, passion for life and connection with a curious like-minded, community. Lead by your accomplished, compassionate and adventuresome cultural guides, Mimi and Hawah, enjoy along with your fellow world travelers a New Year’s that will promise memories for a lifetime!
Our accommodations will include two beautifully restored rustic 17th-century stone farmhouses with a gorgeous outdoor yoga platform. The grounds are lush and abundant, with a natural spring, gardens, pond and gorgeous swimming pool. Each room is unique and tastefully designed in a simple, natural style, a combination of old and new.
- Beautiful accommodations in premier hotels
- Boat trip on the mighty Mekong River & Visit to the Pak Ou caves
- Early morning monk devotions
- Visit to the Tat Khouangsi waterfalls & Free the Bears project
- Guided tour of Ock Pop Tock and Sunset Drinks
- Tour of the world’s largest religious monument, Angkor Wat
- All of the more well-known highlights of this UNESCO World Heritage Site, as well as a few off-the-beaten-track treasures
- Meticulously planned itinerary to maximize crowd avoidance
- Sunset drinks & private boat tour
- Purification ceremony and chanting with an elder monk at Phnom Krom Pagoda
- Expert Oxford scientist and scholarly guides
- Yoga Alliance accredited CEU’s
- Daily yoga & meditation with Mimi & HawaH
*Note you will have an additional international flight to book between Laos and Cambodia.
If you wish to arrive a day early to settle in and get acclimated we can request additional nights at our group hotel. Please contact us directly for rates.