Sights & Sounds of North India with Ann Dyer
- International Yoga
- Feb 13 - 23, 2019 (11 days)
- Single Room - $5,295.00 Shared Double Room - $4,295.00
There is not one India; there are many. In this unique sight-and-sounds tour we will experience the cultural, spiritual and scenic diversity of North India on a journey that opens our senses — and our hearts — to all North India has to offer. Together we will explore the ancient and contemporary, the grand and the humble. We’ll travel from the fashionable, cosmopolitan city of New Delhi to India’s oldest holy city of Varanasi to behold the iconic Taj Mahal — one of the seven wonders of the world — and venture down the quaint, temple-lined alleys of Vrindavan, the birthplace of Krishna. And everything in between.
We’ll ride elephants to the majestic Amber Fort of Jaipur and take rickshaws through the medieval labyrinth of Old Delhi, board one of India’s famous trains for Agra and cruise the Ganges at sunrise, serenaded by classical Indian musicians. We’ll hear the music of India’s many spiritual traditions, including sublime bhajans (hymns) in Sikh temples, devotional Sufi qaawali music in mosques, orthodox Vedic chants in the spectacular evening artist and the stunning silence of Sarnath, where the Buddha found enlightenment.
We’ll breathe in cardamom and rose in India’s oldest spice shop and the aroma of incense in Hindu temples. We’ll share a cup tea from the corner chaiwallah and indulge in a lavish, multi-course meal in a Mughal palace. We’ll hunt down treasures by traditional craftspersons in centuries-old bazaars and delight in innovations of India’s most cutting-edge designers found in modern boutiques. We’ll meet the people of India and make new friends. We’ll do yoga with Ann to keep us grounded and open for the yoga of travel. And like with all good yoga, we’ll come home, well … transformed.
We will be staying at gorgeous 5-star hotels chosen for their location and quality of service throughout Northern India. We’ve used them all for groups in the past.
- Private Rickshaw Tour of Old Delhi
- Excursion to the hip neighborhood of Hauz Khas for lunch and boutique shopping
- Chanting in Vrindivan, the birthplace of Krishna
- Travel via one of India’s famous trains to Agra
- Sunrise tour of the Taj Mahal
- Private jeep ride up to the majestic Amber Fort of Jaipur
- Valentine’s dinner at a Jaipur palace
- Shopping for traditional crafts in centuries-old bazaars and cutting edge Indian designers in modern boutiques
- Hear bhajans (hymns) in a Sikh temple, devotional Sufi qaawali music in mosques, orthodox Vedic chants in evening artis
- A serenade of morning Ragas on the Ganges
- The stunning silence of Sarnath, where the Buddha found enlightenment
Breakfast is included daily. Lunches and dinners not included in the price
For the Highlights of North India only, fly into and out of Delhi (airport code: DEL) arriving Feb 13h and departing Feb 23rd after 9pm to allow for any flight delays from Varanasi into Delhi.
Private airport transfers are included in the price of your trip. Whenever you arrive, day or night, you will be met by a private driver and transported to the group hotel. Note: if you arrive early and decide to stay at an alternate location other than our group hotel, you will be responsible for coordinating and paying for your own transportation directly with the hotel where you will be staying.