Writing Workshop and Yoga - June, Ibiza
This week-long retreat, led by author, journalist and Emmy-nominated screenwriter Hugh Costello, is aimed at writers who have a project they are passionate about and need the time and space to find their own voice or work on any blocks they might have. Suitable for aspiring writers of fiction, non-fiction and drama.
The aim is to send each writer home with improved material and a renewed sense of purpose to kickstart their work in progress.
- Full board – breakfast, lunch and dinner
- optional daily Vinyasa flow yoga
- Daily session with Hugh Costello
- guided hikes
- evening entertainment
- Gift bag
If you have any queries, please do not hesitate to contact us via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
RORY MACPARLAND My week at Villa Maecenas was uplifting and glorious, for mind, body and soul. From sunrise to magical sunset we were treated to delicious nourishing food, yoga which challenged both physically and mentally, and spiritual moments of mindfulness and discussion. Like minded people in a wonderful place doing amazing things, thats Villa Maecenas, looking forward to the next experience. Villa Maecenas guest 2017 SOPHIE BARRETT I booked in wanting rest, relaxation and inspiration and that's exactly what I got. The perfect balance of structure and spontaneity
- Many aspiring writers experience the frustration of not being able to bring a good idea to successful completion. Often, the problem is not the idea itself but the writer’s lack of confidence in her ability to find the right ‘voice’. Might a writer’s memoir work better if he removed those lyrical passages in favour of a spare, simple style that comes more naturally? Would that gory thriller actually work better as a witty rom-com?
- Over the week, participants will experiment with a variety of styles during two one-hour sessions each day.
- What else?
- Yoga classes, hikes on the mountains and beaches of Ibiza, dinner under the stars and al fresco long, lazy lunches.
Venue HighlightsLocated in amidst the forests and fields of wild flowers of northern Ibiza, but only a few minutes away from quaint white washed villages and farm houses scattered around the island.
Guests are invited to enjoy our charming 400 years old finca, nested on a large lavender field, designed by Rolf Blaskstad, which sits amongst 4 hectares of wild flowers, forests and mountains. A truly authentic Ibizan experience.
- Free Wifi
ScheduleEarly morning : breakfast and optional yoga.
First writing session : mid day ( before lunch) 1- 1.30 hours Afternoons: Free time to write or go to the beach, hike, swim, etc Second session: sunset recap and debrief - 1 hour
Evenings: Dinner and fun entertainment
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineGuests will taste fresh Mediterranean food - sometimes we offer vegan menu, sometimes vegetarian. Depending on the type of workshop sometimes we offer fish and meat options ( usually writing and arts retreats)
DirectionsBest way is to land at IBIZA AIRPORT then take a taxi to your premisses or if you like, we can organise airport transfers for you. The finca is located 20km from the airport in the north of the island, 5 minutes from San Miguel
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.