7 Day 5 Ceremony Shamanic Ayahuasca Workshop - August 19-25 2018
- Blue Morpho Shamanic Ayahuasca & Sacred Plant Retreats
- Iquitos, Peru
- Aug 19 - 25, 2018 (7 days)
Blue Morpho is all about your evolution, growth and transformation. As one of the most longstanding, highly renowned shamanism centers in the Amazon jungle, our ayahuasca workshops and plant medicine retreats are designed to help participants achieve personal and spiritual transformation through Ayahuasca shamanism, mystical exploration, and personal experience.
Featured in the well-known National Geographic article by Kira Salak (see: http://www.kirasalak.com/Peru.html), Blue Morpho continues to strive for excellence to be the best shamanism retreat center in the Peruvian Amazon. With over 1,500 satisfied guests and 12+ years of professional shamanism, it is our mission to guide, support and help you overcome the life challenges you face.
Achieve Personal & Spiritual Transformation
Our workshops incorporate the traditional use of the sacred visionary plant medicine ayahuasca in conjunction with universal spirituality and modern disciplines of shamanism. We focus on bridging the gap between Western cultures and these ancient practices to offer an experience that truly impacts the entirety of your life.
At Blue Morpho, we are very open to sharing the knowledge of the shamanic arts with you, to not only enhance your experience here with us but so that you can return home with a deeper knowing that will continue to inform and affect your life in positive ways.
One of the main focuses of traditional medicine practice is healing. Ayahuasca can be used to address all kinds of ailments including physical, mental, emotional and spiritual forms of sickness. All of these afflictions are manifestations of what we call “crossed energies”. Crossed energies manifest as a result of disharmonious patterns within you and in your life. Ayahuasca medicine is used to help straighten these crossed energies to bring you back to a state of balance and harmony. The purge and cleansing that occurs during the ceremony is part of the process of straightening these energies.
The focus of our work is on your transformation and evolution. Ayahuasca medicine is a very powerful modality for creating spaces where this evolution can take place. Our job on this journey is to 100% support and guide your process the whole way through. Everyone comes to Blue Morpho and to ayahuasca with a unique set of reasons and intentions. Our shamanic workshops are created to help facilitate and bring resolution to your reasons for embarking on this journey. Incorporating a number of shamanic and transformational tools, together we explore the mystical reality of shamanism, spirit, self, plant medicine, consciousness, transformation, and ultimately your life.
Shamanic Ayahuasca Workshops
At Blue Morpho, we work with traditional ayahuasca healing shamans (ayahuasqueros, curanderos) who practice the mystical shamanic arts of the jungle. Through visionary plant medicine ceremonies, guests can experience tremendous spiritual, emotional and energetic evolution. Whether you are looking for personal healing, spiritual growth, insight into your life, deep change, or consciousness expansion – you will find the support, guidance, knowledge and professionalism necessary to help you fully realize your intentions for being here.
5 ayahuasca ceremonies
Full shamanic support
Personal shamanic healing
Participation in the ayahuasca cooking process
Medicinal plant discussions
One-on-one time with the shamans
Group talks to share and illuminate experiences
Group talks on shamanism, mysticism, and personal transformation
All meals, teas, fresh filtered water
Note: Participation in workshop activities and ceremonies is voluntary. The activities offered may be different for each tour.
Click here to see full week sample itinerary.
Blue Morpho’s Intimate Jungle Camp is surrounded by lush, vibrant rainforest nestled on 180 acres of Private Reserve. This ideal location offers an intimate ambiance for your personal healing process, with a perfect mixture of local architecture, modern amenities, and artisanal touches that help make your time with us as unique and comfortable as it is transformational.
The newly styled and upgraded camp is purpose built for small ayahuasca groups. Each private space includes your own mosquito net and wooden divider in a room shared with one other person. The bungalows have bathroom facilities that are shared between four guests. There are hot showers and a natural lake for swimming, as well as an extensive network of jungle trails featuring several medicinal plants. This location has been Blue Morpho’s true medicine home since 2005 and represents the roots of our healing and transformative work with sacred plants.
All meals are made fresh in a licensed kitchen and served in the dining hall. The menu is a traditional selection of savory, fresh local ingredients deliciously prepared by local cooks and staff. Includes a variety of salads, fresh vegetables, fish and chicken main courses that combine the regional Peruvian and international cuisine.
Personal nutritional restrictions can be accommodated for, within the boundaries of shamanism and the limits of food variety and availability in Iquitos. This includes ovo-lacto, vegetarian and vegan diets. Please make your specialty diet requests at the time of booking.
Click here to see a current list of all of our workshop dates & prices.
- Traditional Ayahuasca Ceremonies: Led by 7th Generation Master Shaman Don Alberto Torres Davila, who has over 50 years of experience working with medicinal plants and is recognized as one of the best ayahuasca healers in the Ucayali River region. Together with Blue Morpho’s team of skilled shamans and assistants, come experience the mysterious and transformational power of sacred plant medicine. The focal point of our retreats, ayahuasca ceremonies help you release, cleanse, purify and learn through direct connection to spirit, love, wisdom, and your heart.
- Community-Focused Group Activities: Group dynamic is central to our approach. During the retreat, Blue Morpho becomes its own tribe bonded together by group activities that encourage sharing, connection, heart-opening and authentic expression. Activities include:
- Sharing circles
- Sacred motion
- Group discussions
- Breathwork and integrative yoga classes
- Smudging ceremonies
- Sound journeys
- Medicinal plant walks
- Educational trips to local sites
- Integration: tools, applications, going home
- And More!
- Dynamic Group Discussions: Discussion sessions are held on most days, offering you the chance to deepen, reflect upon and integrate your ceremonial experiences. With a multi-perspective approach, we unearth the anthropological and shamanic, the mystical and the practical, the humanistic and the heart-based. A non-judgmental and exploratory space to learn, share, and grow.
- Personal Shamanic Care: Each person receives the shamanic attention they need, both in and out of ceremony. We perform individual healing sessions (called venteadas) for each guest and offer one-on-one time with the shamans and assistants throughout the week. Help and support are available to you the entire time.
- Discussion and Identification of Medicinal Plants: Learn about the unique properties of the indigenous flora. The Amazon is home to thousands of medicinal plants used by the locals to cure many illnesses ranging from headaches to cancer. As part of the ayahuasca cooking process, you will learn about the medicinal plants that go into our ayahuasca brew. You also have the opportunity to visit and get to know many of these plants that grow on the property during a medicinal plant walk.
- Ayahuasca Cooking Process: Join the group for a special opportunity to participate in making fresh ayahuasca that you will drink during the retreat. Learn about Maestro Alberto’s 50+ years as a medicine man while participating in the entire process. See firsthand the care and expertise Maestro puts into each batch of medicine.
- Guided Meditations: Guided meditations are offered before each ceremony and on our night off, offering support to the changes induced in ceremony. Our meditations incorporate relaxation techniques, gentle body movements, integration practices, and imaginary exercises to help bring balance to your consciousness.
- Shamanic Skill Practice: Our team of skilled and experienced facilitators offers creative and practical ways that help bridge the shamanic and spiritual into meaningful tools that you can take home and apply to everyday life. With a variety of backgrounds and healing modality expertise, our entire retreat environment is a week-long workshop on how to turn ordinary living into something magical, exploratory and transformational.
- Integration Practices: From the very first day, we emphasize the importance and value in integration. We offer comprehensive integration practices that enhance not only your time on the retreat, but that support your continued learning and evolution at home. Each participant receives our Video Integration Package, as well as a series of emails containing information that highlights additional tools to make use of post-retreat.
- Shamanic Dieting: On select retreats, shamanic plant dietas are offered. Traditionally used as the means of apprenticing in the jungle, a shamanic dieta can help provide deep personal healing, learning, and significant life transformation. Dietas are very powerful and recommended only for those who are ready to seriously commit to their plant medicine work. Follow these links for more information on our shamanic plant dietas and Sanango dietas.
- As one of the most well-respected and longstanding shamanic centers in the Peruvian Amazon, Blue Morpho is honored to represent the preservation of plant spirit medicine and ayahuasca traditions through dedication, spiritual and professional integrity, and a genuine love for this work. We are indebted to the unending generosity of the plants and look forward to sharing this extraordinary journey with you…
Venue HighlightsSee our website at www.bluemorphotours.com
- Yoga Studio
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free