Seven Factors of Awakening
- Spirit Rock
- 5000 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard, Box 169, Woodacre, CA 94973, United States
- Nov 26 - Dec 2, 2018 (6 days)
- sliding scale, speak to venue for details
Date: Monday, November 26, 3:00pm – Sunday, December 2, 11:30am
Cost: Sliding Scale $1505 – $685, plus a donation to the teacher(s) and retreat staff. Code 216R18.
Will open for registration on 7/25/2018
Prerequisite: Completion of one silent 7-night residential retreat.
Buddha taught the Seven Factors of Awakening to reveal and encourage the ground that nourishes Freedom. Meditating and contemplating with these factors opens us to the potential of our unrecognized capacities and allows us to discover the extraordinary potential we have to Awaken.
The Factors include: Mindful Awareness, Investigation, Energy, Joy, Calm, Concentration (Samadhi) and Equanimity. They have multiple functions:
1. They are domains of experience we can focus on and cultivate in meditation.
2. They are aspects of our lives that mature and deepen as we recognize them.
3. They are inherent expressions of the heart/mind when it is free.
The form of the retreat will be silent meditation practice with one period of Contemplative Inquiry each day. Interactive Inquiry allows the exploration and investigation of our personal relationship to each factor.
Come join us to discover, investigate and manifest the Seven Factors as an embodied reality.
Spirit Rock extends a special invitation to young adults (age 18-26) who wish to attend this retreat at a rate of $35 per night, on a first come, first serve basis. A limited number of special rates are available, please apply early.