Mindful Self-Compassion Intensive Training
- The Esalen Institute
- 55000 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA, 93920
- May 6 - 11, 2018 (6 days)
- $420-7000, depending on accommodation selection
Self-compassion is the heart of mindfulness. It is warm-hearted, connected presence during difficult moments in our lives. Self-compassion provides emotional strength and resilience that allows us to admit our shortcomings, motivate ourselves with encouragement, forgive ourselves when needed, care for others, and be more fully ourselves. Rapidly expanding research shows that self-compassion is strongly associated with emotional well-being, lower levels of anxiety and depression, healthy habits such as diet and exercise, and more satisfying personal relationships.
Fortunately, self-compassion is a skill that can be cultivated by anyone. You will learn how to:
• Practice mindfulness and self-compassion in daily life
• Understand the science of self-compassion
• Handle difficult emotions with greater ease
• Motivate yourself with kindness rather than criticism
• Transform challenging relationships, old and new
• Manage compassion fatigue
• Practice the art of savoring and self-appreciation
• Teach simple self-compassion practices to others
This is an intensive training program rather than a retreat. It is a condensed version of the eight-session, empirically supported Mindful Self-Compassion training developed by Christopher Germer and Kristin Neff. MSC is an experiential journey — an adventure in self-discovery and self-kindness — supported by the beautiful Esalen campus. This program fulfills a prerequisite for becoming an MSC teacher.
Note: Registration for this program will open in October, 2017. Initial registration is through the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion. To begin the registration process, please visit www.centerformsc.org and email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions. Only after you have registered with the Center for Mindful Self-Compassion will you be able to register with Esalen. For Esalen pricing chart, see http://www.esalen.org/page/workshop-pricing-partner-programs.
For continuing education syllabus, see https://www.esalen.org/msc-intensive-training-0518.
CE credit for psychologists; see leader.
CE credit for nurses; see leader.
CE credit for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs; see leader.Source: www.esalen.org