Embodying Your Love: Explorations in Intimacy for Couples
- The Esalen Institute
- 55000 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA, 93920
- Jul 22 - 27, 2018 (6 days)
- $420-7000, depending on accommodation selection
Much emphasis in couples’ enrichment focuses on verbal communication, particularly articulating feelings and mending bridges. Yet subtle nonverbal communications can elicit unresolved past emotions in a nanosecond without either partner recognizing that their facial micro-expressions, vocal tones, and gestures are triggers. Being in touch with your bodily sensations and attuned to the other’s reactions involve present-centered body awareness and skills that can help partners heal old wounds and enjoy the pleasures of love.
This workshop progresses from partnered exercises and group discussion to face-to-face Gestalt process work for couples that emphasizes body-based awareness, enhancing communication, and resolving unfinished business from the past. During the workshop we’ll also share times of laughter, playfulness, and experiences that expand intimate loving. In this full-spectrum approach, we explore three levels of intimacy:
• Emotional intimacy includes being fully present with one another; breath, body, and emotional awareness; stress-regulation; resolving issues; and embracing joy
• Physical intimacy involves presence, body-to-body attunement, and empathy; affection and soothing stress and pain; and experiencing resonance
• Sexual intimacy and pleasure involves presence, frank sex discussion, and ratcheting up arousal through “relaxed-excitement;” broadening the spectrum of erotic pleasures; and spiritual attunement
Join us to enhance the depth and scope of your embodied love!
This workshop welcomes couples of all gender and sexual orientations.
Recommended reading: Resnick, The Heart of Desire: Keys to the Pleasures of Love.
CE credit for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs;Source: www.esalen.org