EMDR Basic Training: Parts 1 & 2 – Transforming Trauma with EMDR
- The Esalen Institute
- 55000 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA, 93920
- Aug 17 - 24, 2018 (8 days)
- $420-7000, depending on accommodation selection
Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) is a powerful therapeutic method for healing trauma-based problems. Shedding new light on trauma survival —including sexual and physical abuse, accident and surgical trauma, and grief — EMDR is opening doors of the heart to genuine spiritual transformation. This course is for mental-health professionals who are licensed to provide treatment. Through lecture, hands-on practice, and demonstrations, participants will be shown:
• Protocols and procedures for using EMDR with a wide range of diagnostic categories
• Client selection criteria and cautions necessary for safe use of EMDR
• Techniques for working with blocked processing and abreactions (catharsis)
• How to unblock blocked processing
• Methods for working with dissociation
• How to use EMDR with adults traumatized as children
• Methods for developing inner resources used for interweaves, ego strengthening, and client closure
This course has been approved by the EMDR International Association. In accordance with the standards for basic EMDR training, participants must complete this course, receive ten hours of consultation from a recommended EMDRIA-approved consultant from the Parnell Institute faculty, and then take a Parnell Institute Advanced Clinical Workshop and Refresher Course (Part 3) in order to complete the requirements for Basic EMDR training.
Participants will be screened and required to submit licensure documentation before attending, and must bring copies of their professional licenses or certification to the training.
Note: Initial registration for this workshop is through Dr. Laurel Parnell only. To register, contact http://drlaurelparnell.com/training/esalen-emdr-1-2/ or call (415) 496-9471. Only after you have registered with Dr. Parnell will you be able to register with Esalen. For Esalen pricing chart, see http://www.esalen.org/page/workshop-pricing-partner-programs.
Required reading: Parnell, A Therapist’s Guide to EMDR: Tools and Techniques for Successful Treatment; Shapiro, Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing.
Recommended reading: Parnell, Attachment-focused EMDR: Healing Relational Trauma and Tapping In: A Step-by-step Guide to Activating Your Healing Resources through Bilateral Stimulation.
For continuing education syllabus, see http://www.esalen.org/Course-Information-Transforming-Trauma-EMDR-1-and-2.
CE credit for nurses; see leader.
CE credit for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs; see leader.
CE credit for psychologists; see leader.Source: www.esalen.org