Essentials of Hakomi Mindfulness-Based Somatic Psychotherapy: Journey to the Depths of the Psyche
- The Esalen Institute
- 55000 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA, 93920
- Aug 31 - Sep 2, 2018 (3 days)
- $420-7000, depending on accommodation selection
This workshop, designed for therapists and other healing professionals, provides an overview of the Hakomi Method. It is designed to provide advanced skills of assessment and intervention that use present-moment experience in elegant and gentle ways to approach and transform core material. Hakomi mindfulness-based experiential psychotherapy offers somatic ways of illuminating how we organize and embody core beliefs at the most fundamental levels of our experience. Through a combination of the awareness that mindfulness offers, the wisdom held in the body, and the safety of the therapeutic relationship, core issues can be explored.
In this workshop we will engage in a number of practices that elucidate the Hakomi Method, and provide immediately applicable skills for working experientially with clients in creative and heartfelt ways. Through talk and discussion, live demonstrations, internal exercises, and practices to develop therapeutic skills, you will be taught the following:
· Basic principles and techniques of the Hakomi Method
· How to use mindfulness in experiential psychotherapy
· How to notice present-moment experience and the underlying models of the world that shapes us
· How to connect deeply with clients based on their moment-to-moment experience
· How to engage in mindful exploration of the psyche
· Creative approaches that bring live experience into therapy
· How to become an ally to your client's defenses and resistance
Recommended reading: Fisher, Experiential Psychotherapy with Couples; Weiss, Hakomi Mindfulness-Centered Somatic Psychotherapy: A Comprehensive Guide to Theory and Practice.
For continuing education syllabus, see https://www.esalen.org/essentials-hakomi-0818.
CE credit for MFTs, LCSWs, LPCCs and LEPs;Source: www.esalen.org