Conversations on the Edge: The Leader of the Future
- The Esalen Institute
- 55000 Highway 1, Big Sur, CA, 93920
- Nov 2 - 4, 2018 (3 days)
- $420-7000, depending on accommodation selection
According to author and leadership activist Margaret Wheatley, as old paradigms die, the sparks of the new paradigm find each other and connect, helping usher the new movement into the mainstream. During this weekend, we — as sparks of the new paradigm — will inquire into how we are experiencing our own evolution as leaders, and who we want to become. Our goal is to inspire, to be inspired, to connect, and to collectively imagine a better future.
If you are currently taking on a substantial leadership role in business, nonprofit, or other organization and want to spend a weekend in conversation with like-minded peers about your own evolution as a leader, this is the place for you.
Five possible themes to explore include the following:
• Discovering deeper purpose — what we’re here to do in the world
• Bringing our whole self to our work
• Exploring the role of profit and money
• Generating shared value, not exploitation
• Developing the capacity to transform ourselves, our organizations, and our communities
Other themes are possible too, and will be generated by the group. This gathering breaks from the traditional “expert leader” workshop model and is an experiment in radical co-creation. While there will be skilled and experienced facilitators to support our process, the format of this event is focused on learning from one another and the community that shows up for the conversation. Space in the group is limited and by application only. Please contact email@example.com to apply.Source: www.esalen.org