Ananda Yoga® Therapy Training: Health Challenges–2
- The Expanding Light Retreat Center
- 14618 Tyler Foote Rd, Nevada City, California
- Apr 14 - 19, 2019 (6 days)
- $650 - $1500
- Enrollment in Ananda Yoga® Therapy Training
- Ananda Yoga® Therapy Training: Principles
- (ideally) Ananda Yoga® Therapy Training: Health Challenges–1
- Ananda Yoga® Therapy Training: Ayurveda
This is a 5-day residential course that includes a combination of lecture, discussion, case studies and practicum, (which is done after the course, at home.)
Yoga therapy has proved extremely helpful for many chronic health conditions. This course covers Obesity, Diabetes, Thyroid disorders, Congestive Heart Failure, Autoimmune Disorders, Chronic Pain, Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, Headaches (Tension & Migraine), Multiple Sclerosis, Parkinson's Disease, PTSD, Asthma, and COPD.
We review the anatomy of systems involved and basic pathophysiology for these conditions. Medical, Ayurvedic, and subtle energy perspective on these health challenges are addressed to guide the therapist's choice of interventions. In class, case studies are presented to provide time in practical application of the concepts. Students also apply the knowledge gained by writing up their experience working with volunteer clients in their community and then receiving individualized feed back from course instructors.
Required Texts/Reading Materials
- McCall, Timothy B. Yoga as Medicine: The Yogic Prescription for Health & Healing. New York: Bantam, 2012.
- Ananda Yoga TherapyTraining: Health Challenges 2 Manual. The Expanding Light, 2014.
For more information, see Course Syllabus.Source: www.expandinglight.org