A Sacred Himalayan Pilgrimage Experience a Life-Changing Adventure to Holy Sites and Ancient Monasteries.
- The Expanding Light Retreat Center
- 14618 Tyler Foote Rd, Nevada City, California
- Sep 29 - Oct 20, 2019 (22 days)
About This Event
The Himalayas! “The Roof of the World.”
This will be an Extraordinary Spiritual Journey through the Mystical Lands of the Indian Himalayas
We invite you to experience the exquisite beauty and spiritual power of Udaipur, Ladakh, Badrinath, and Rishikesh. On this trip you will experience the high Himalayas firsthand, as few people have.
Of incomparable natural beauty, the Himalayas have been central to scriptures, myths, and legends of countless cultures and religions. Linked to Self-realized masters for thousands of years, these mountains embody spiritual aspiration and mankind’s highest potential.
We’ll travel to Ladakh, Badrinath, and Rishikesh—not by days of trekking, but directly by train, plane, and car. This pilgrimage is for those who love nature, high mountains, and places of spiritual power—without need to be a hiker or climber.
Visit caves of Sri Shankacharya, founder of the ancient Swami order, Ved Byasa, who scribed the Indian epic scripture, the Mahabharata, of which the Bhagavad Gita is the core. Ancient monasteries in Ladakh, still standing untouched by foreign invasion, are beautiful works of architecture as well as power spots of spirituality.
Explore and drink the nectar of some of the most sacred spiritual sites in India. Together we'll ascend the extraordinary Himalayan heights!
Some of the unforgettable experiences of this trip:
- A thousand years of continuous Tibetan Buddhist tradition, in the rarefied high desert beauty of Ladakh
- Following a branch of the Ganges River, from the plains almost to its source, all the way up to Badrinath, a spiritual destination of great power, even more ancient than India’s scriptures
- Visiting spiritual teachers and ashrams in Rishikesh; walking, shopping and meditating along the banks of the Ganges
- The extraordinary sights and vibrations of the high Himalayas, and beautiful, ancient cultures
- The spiritual power emanating from age-old sacred temples and monasteries
- The spiritual power generated by our own group, through conscious practices, meditation, chanting, spiritual fellowship, and giving back to places of pilgrimage
- Driving and walking among rugged mountains and remote spiritual destinations
- Experienced leadership and guidance by Ananda tour leaders and our local experts