Guided Silent Retreat Mar 2019
- Ananda Center Laurelwood
- Laurelwood, Oregon, USA
- Mar 28 - 31, 2019 (4 days)
- Contentment - 2 bedroom apartment with living/dining room, kitchen, and bath - $1,050.00 Premium Queen with en suite bath - $917.00 Serene Queen - $729.00 Comfy Full - $670.00 Cozy Twin - $662.00 Hostel-style Lodging -…
The 3-day Guided Silent Retreat is suitable for both beginning and experienced meditators. The methods and pattern of meditation practice are drawn from the vipassana tradition and the “eight-fold” path of yoga from Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras. The sessions unfold at a gentle, progressive pace with opportunities to rest and reset within a longer, deeper rhythm than is normally available to us in our personal practice.
Silence is recognized by many of the world’s spiritual traditions as a powerful antidote to the mental agitation and stress resulting from the demands of our everyday life.
Peace is a palpable energy, making it possible to experience the joy within our beings. These retreats are designed to introduce you to a deep experience of inner peace.
Elements of the Guided Silent Retreat include:
- Learning a simple but profound technique of meditation
- Group meditations to support your individual practice
- Gentle Ananda Yoga® to release tension, raise your energy and lift your consciousness
- Kirtan (devotional chanting) to calm your mind and open your heart
- Qigong (chi kung) to stimulate and balance your life energy
- Personal time for reading, contemplation and journaling
- Practicing mindfulness in action – eating, walking, self-care
- Nourishing vegetarian meals
- Optional massage and spiritual counseling available by appointment
Peace is the first sensation to greet you when you arrive at Ananda Laurelwood. Our spacious and beautiful campus is the perfect place to unplug from your everyday concerns and recharge your spirit.
If you would like a longer stay, there’s a place on the registration form to come early or stay afterwards for an extended individual retreat.
Room check-in (3:30 -6:00 pm)
Ananda Yoga (begins at 4:30 pm)
Evening meal together
Initial Gathering with guided meditation
Days 2 & 3
Walking meditation morning and afternoon
Group meditation morning, afternoon and evening
Meals in silence
Ananda Yoga & Qigong
Morning group meditation
Breakfast in silence
Group sharing & integration process
Lunch and departure