Living Well: The Art of Self Care Retreat for Health Care Professionals
- Art of Living Retreat Center
- Boone, NC, USA
- Oct 31 - Nov 4, 2018 (5 days)
- Retreat: Hotel Room Single - $1,555.00 Retreat: Hotel Room Double Sharing - $1,335.00 Retreat: Retreat Room Single - $1,415.00 Retreat: Retreat Room Double Sharing - $1,255.00 Retreat: Retreat Room Triple Sharing - $1,175.00
The Living Well: The Art of Self Care Program for HCPs:
The Living Well: The Art of Self Care Program for HCPs is designed for healthcare professionals seeking to build a proficient practice for their own self-care to enrich their quality of life.
Health care professionals are inspired to serve their patients and the profession. But in the process of caring for their patient’s needs, the care provider is subject to many stressors and professional burnout affecting the personal and professional performance.
The Living Well: The Art of Self Care Program for MDs & HCPs provides you with an opportunity to learn simple practices that can enhance physical, mental, spiritual and social well being. By the end of the course, you will be equipped with specific techniques that can be practiced daily.
The “Living Well: Art of Self Care Retreat” is a 30 hour Continuing Education Credit program combining 3 cornerstone techniques; “Sudarshan Kriya” and “Sahaj Samadhi Meditation” and “ Sri Sri Yoga” based on the ancient Vedic science of breath, the art of meditation and philosophy of yoga.
* Sudarshan Kriya® A unique powerful breathing practice using natural specific rhythms that facilitate the release of deep stress and harmonize the body and mind.
* Sahaj Samadhi Meditation®
A personal practice of meditation that is natural and effortless to relax the mind and body into a state of deep and profound restfulness to unfold one’s own infinite potential.
* Sri Sri Yoga® A restorative practice of yoga including asanas such as “Padma-Sadhana®”, Sukshma Vyayam (Subtle Yoga), Sun-salutation, Yoga-Nidra and yogic wisdom. A holistic way to integrate and energize body, mind, breath, and spirit.
The course is taught over 5 days with total 30 hours (30 hours onsite, followed by a 2 hours follow-up session after 1-2 weeks either in person or online) The CME certificates are provided upon completion of the program. Participation in all sessions of the program is mandatory for CME Certificate.
Who Should Attend:
The course is designed for Physicians, physicians in training (medical students, residents, fellows), Osteopath practitioners, Nurses, allied healthcare professionals and Integrative medicine practitioners who want to incorporate the ancient and modern sciences for stress management and self-development into their daily lives.
Upon completion of this workshop, the participants will be able to:
- Recognize the connection between body, mind, breath, and Self.
- Reflect on the tendencies of the mind and recognize how managing the mind can help bring awareness and alleviate stress and burnout.
- Relate to the science of breath and breathing techniques as tangible tools to increase energy and reduce stress.
- Identify and optimize the sources of energy to maximize personal well-being.
- Demonstrate, perform and practice Yoga asana, Breathing techniques, and unique process of “Sudarshan KriyaTM“
- Practice “Sahaj Samadhi Meditation and follow the Instructions to adhere to daily Meditation practice.
- Develop practical tools and social skills through reflective interactive processes.
- Incorporate the course’s knowledge into daily life to create regular self-care practices for life-long benefits.
- Yoga Asanas: Various gentle and vigorous postures including a specific sequence of invigorating and soothing yoga postures called “Padma-Sadhana®”
- Pranayama: Various Breathing techniques including Victory Breath (also known as Ujjayi Breath and Bellows Breath (also known as Bhastrika)
- Sudarshan Kriya® (also known as SKY practice): This powerful breathing process is the centerpiece of the course and uses specific, natural rhythms that facilitate the release of deep stress and harmonize the body-mind complex.
- Sahaj Samadhi Meditation®: “Sahaj” means natural or effortless, “Samadhi” means the state of deep peace and rest that underlies thought and activity. This is an ancient meditation practice that allows the conscious mind to settle deeply into itself in a natural, effortless way.
- Timeless wisdom: Interactive experiential processes based on ancient and modern science.
This program is approved for:-
- AMA PRA Category 1 CreditsTM -30 CME credits under the standards of Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education (ACCME) for MDs. MD Participants will be issued a CME certificate with maximum 30 AMA category 1 CME credits.
- CNE Credits-30 Contact Hours Continuing Educational Credits for Nurses under the standards of American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC). Nurses will receive a maximum of 30 CNE contact hours.
- Certificate of Attendance – for all other Health Care Professionals
Overall these are the benefits:
- Learning tools & techniques to prevent and reverse the burnout, enhancing the personal & professional performance.
- Learning & developing a daily self-care practice to live a happier & healthier life.
- Earning up to 30 AMA PRA Category 1TM CME credits for MDs & 20 contact hours CNE credits for Nurses.
- Lifetime access to weekly Sudarshan KriyaTM practice groups in 10,000+ Art of Living centers around the world over 155 countries.
- Opportunity to connect with the global community of happy & positive people.
Reduced fees available for Students & Repeaters
Research has demonstrated that Sudarshan Kriya® and the related practices can:
- Reduce levels of stress (reduce cortisol – the “stress” hormone)
- Relieve anxiety and depression (mild, moderate and severe)
- Enhance well-being (Increase prolactin)
- Regulate brain function (increased mental focus, calmness and recovery from stressful stimuli, including PTSD)
- Support the immune system.
- Increase anti-oxidant protection.
- Help to restore normal sleep patterns.
More information on Sudarshan Kriya® and Sahaj Samadhi Meditation can be found at:
Where can it be offered:-
The program can be organized anywhere depending upon the interest & preference of the participants & organizers; such as medical Institutions, Doctors offices, AOL centers etc
Program Dates: Oct 31 – Nov 4, 2018
Location: Art of Living Retreat Center, Boone, NC
Sejal Shah, 909-645-7103
Anita Juneja, 803-682-0947
Susmita Jasty MD 516-484-9628