The Barn: Awakening through compassion, joy & ease with Jenny Wilks (6 nights)
- The Sharpham Trust
- The Barn Retreat Centre Lower Sharpham Barton Farm Ashprington Totnes South Devon TQ9 7DX
- Oct 14 - 20, 2018 (7 days)
- The Barn - Standard Rate - £340.00 The Barn - Supported Rate - £290.00
Staying alongside an inspirational teacher
During this retreat, teacher Jenny Wilks will help you explore these qualities through guided meditations from the Buddhist tradition, group inquiry and contemplative exercises, bringing them into the everyday activities of the retreat.
This retreat is for you if you:
- want to go deeper into dharma, with an experienced teacher close at hand
- are prepared to live and work in community, preparing meals together and working in the gardens
- are aged 18 and above
Retreats with residential teachers
Our retreats with residential teachers are similar to standard retreats with extra teaching.
There will be a maximum of 10 participants on this retreat.
There are periods of silence on each of our retreats.
Our programme of standard 6-night retreats at The Barn can be viewed and booked here
There are approximately three 40-minute meditation sittings each day, and it’s important that you commit to them to deepen your practice and connect to the community here.
Working on the land
It is important that you are willing to participate in working on the land as part of your mindfulness practice (we can easily find suitable tasks for people with health difficulties) and that you can commit to all the scheduled activities during the week.
What you’ll experience on this retreat
During this retreat you’ll:
- experience guided meditations and periods of silence and quiet contemplation
- be living in community with like-minded people, sharing experiences and tasks, including the making of meals and taking care of the house
- have a single-occupancy room and your own space in which to rejuvenate, with free time to deeply rest and reconnect with yourself
- have access to 24-hour hot teas, coffee & infusions in the kitchen
- be able to explore the beautiful Sharpham Estate, set within a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty close to nature, amid breath-taking scenery on the banks of the River Dart