200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training - Classical, Vinyasa, Hatha Yoga
The course will cover 3 weeks of theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga. It consists of a wide range of topics and modules, to educate yoga health professionals, yoga instructors, yoga students, or anyone with an interest in the science of yoga.
While providing a thorough practice of asana, mudra, bandha, and kriya, the training probes beyond mere physical practice, into the realm of subtle yoga and meditation, and facilitates the awakening of the Kundalini energy within.
This course offers above and beyond the standard yoga teacher training, a profound experience of spiritual meditation practice: the use of music in yoga and spirituality, Nada yoga, as well as a basic overview of yogic and spiritual culture.
Having been awarded Registered Yoga School RYS 500 by Yoga Alliance International, for maintaining high standards, and perpetuating the ethics and the tradition of yoga worldwide, the Himalayan Yoga Institute International has designed a course most conducive to studying the vocational art of being a yoga teacher.
Our trainers are internationally recognized teachers, highly skilled, and experienced in the field of yoga education.
"Everything about this course, from start to finish was wonderful: the cute room, the wonderful roommate. I felt at home. The food was fresh, tasty and very appetizing. The location was a joy, clean air and a beautiful sea view, so green. It really calmed my mind. The philosophy classes taught by Ganga were incredibly interesting and wonderfully inspiring. The asana teaching classes gave me confidence and self esteem and I enjoyed every minute of it. The workshops were a great opportunity to be playful and to laugh with Ganga – so much fun. I loved every minute of the course and I really do feel that we are now family. I am overjoyed that I decided to do this course. It’s the best, most wonderful decision I have taken in my life. Ganga, I am so glad I’ve met you. You are fair, caring, giving and wonderful in every way. Your teaching style is calm, patient, interesting, invested and enthusiastic. I enjoyed every minute of every lecture we went through. The philosophy of yoga is the philosophy I was looking for when I was depressed and lost in a fog. I feel I have a good base to stand on and strong roots now. You've given me confidence and security to be myself and to be a teacher. I am incredibly thankful for meeting you and I feel immensely blessed that I was able to spend a month with you, taking in your teachings." Lada Teleki, Novi Sad, Serbia (YTT Croatia, June 2015)
- Daily workshops and lectures
- Daily chanting and meditation sessions
- Theoretical and practical training in all aspects of yoga
- Asana and pranayama classes twice daily
- Daily meals, tea, snacks, and water
- 25 nights accommodation
- Our course curriculum:
- Teaching practice
- Setting up of a proper environment for class
- General pointers on teaching a class
- The basic Raja Dhiraja class
- Beginners' course
- Advanced postures
- Yoga for children
- Yoga for older citizens
- Yoga for pregnancy
- Detailed correction workshops
- In the second half of the training course, participants will teach each other under the guidance of an experienced instructor
- Yoga nutrition
- Vegetarianism for ethical, spiritual, and health reasons
- How diet affects the mind
- Proper balance of the main nutrients
- Ayurvedic principles of nutrition
- Healing effects of fasting
- Guide to meditation
- What is meditation
- Why meditate
- 12-step daily practice
- Experiences in meditation
- Mantras as spiritual energy encapsulated in sound
- The science of mantra
- Mantra initiation (if desired)
- Raja Dhiraja yoga
- Ashtanga - the 8 limbs of yoga
- Ethics and moral principles
- Hatha yoga
- Koshas - the five layers of the mind
- Kaoshikii and tandava: dynamic yogic dances for women and men
- Concentration and meditation
- The six lessons of sahaja yoga
- 16 points of yogic life
- Kundalini yoga
- Macrocosm and microcosm
- The absolute and how it manifests itself in nature
- The 7 chakras
- The awakening of cosmic energy and Kundalini shakti
- Bhakti yoga
- Kirtan: devotional chanting of Sanskrit mantras
- Chanting opens the heart and purifies the mind. With daily chanting, you develop a strong feeling of devotion and a very pure inner vibration. In devotional chanting correct pronunciation, devotional attitude, and awareness of meaning (ideation).
- Creativity and artistic expression for spiritual development
- Mandala art, bhajans (devotional songs), prabhat samgiita (devotional music for mental expansion), Indian classical dance.
- Karma yoga
- Karma yoga in the Bhagavad Giita: relinquishing the attachment to the fruits of our actions
- Karma yoga is also the practice of selfless service. It keeps you fit and healthy, counteracts depression, and gives immeasurable joy.
- Service to society
- The law of cause and effect
- Samsara, the wheel of birth and death
- Jinana yoga
- Yoga philosophy
- The history, science, and philosophy of Tantra
- The intuitional science of the Vedas
- Contemporary yoga philosophy: brahmacakra
- Conquest of death and immortality
- Bhagavad Gita
- Krsna and the Bhagavad Giita
- Bhagavad Dharma
- Considered one of the greatest spiritual texts of the world, the Bhagavad Gita contains subtle and profound teachings and has a universality, which embraces every aspect of human activity. It symbolizes the solution to the eternal struggle, between the spiritual and the material in every human being
- Study of the text and commentaries
- Satsang literally means good company, it means being in companionship with the truth and with the wise. The course satsang consists of half an hour silent meditation, half an hour chanting, and a talk or reading on aspects of yoga philosophy.
- It will help you to develop a strong and steady meditation practice and show you the way to peace and happiness.
- A high degree of self-motivation is required for all aspects of the course. A basic knowledge of yoga postures and philosophy is helpful, but not essential. A sincere desire to learn and openness to the teachings of yoga is required.
- Training to be a yoga teacher requires dedication and faith in the process of yoga. The practice and especially the teaching of yoga, demand a high degree of self-discipline and purity.
- To ensure the success of the program, participants are required to attend all spiritual activities, meditation sessions, lectures, and asana classes.
- Included excursions
- Apart from twice daily yoga classes, our trainees will get a chance to swim in the sparkling sea and study using one of the 3 terraces, while taking in the sun.
- Some may try out snorkeling to meet the local sea life, and we will every once in a while, at least one day a week, take an exhilarating hike on one of the many footpaths across the island, exploring local history, or strolling to the little town nearby.
- In addition, we will organize an excursion to the surrounding islands, traveling by boat, and passing through the dolphin habitat.
Venue HighlightsThe yoga teacher training on the isle of Losinj is held in a stunning villa, in a quiet residential area, minutes away from the beach. You may be lucky and spot dolphins in the bay during an early morning stroll.
The villa is situated in a pine forest offering views of the sparking blue sea. It is spacious and full of light and the rooms are of a good size and beautifully decorated. It has all modern amenities and is surrounded by lush, delightful gardens in which an abundance of Mediterranean and subtropical plants and flowers are flourishing. Yoga will be practiced outdoors on the largest of the four terraces, whenever the weather permits, or alternatively in the space indoors.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Yoga Studio
- Bicycles For Rent
06:30 Chanting, meditation & pranayama
07:30 Asana practice
09:00 Fruit and tea
09:30 Anatomy and physiology/workshop/lecture
10:30 Karma yoga
12:45 Main lecture (philosophy/theory/history)
14:15 Snack and leisure time/Self-study
16:30 Asanas, asana techniques & teaching methodology
18:30 Satsang (meditation, kirtan, chanting)
20:00 Free time and study
22:00 Lights out
Menu/CuisineThe vegetarian food will be nutritious as well as delicious, drawing inspiration from the Croatian coastal diet which is one of the healthiest and most delicious in the world.
AccommodationsThe in-depth classes and wholesome yoga practice is complemented by the incredibly peaceful and healing atmosphere of the island. People who appreciate breathtaking scenery and incredibly beautiful sunsets return again and again to this very special place. Accommodation is offered in a self-contained double bed studio-apartment, and double bed rooms with shared bathrooms.
Every bedroom has a stunning view of the Adriatic Mediterranean or else the well kept, lush surrounding gardens.
DirectionsSouth India: You would want to arrive on the day of the first retreat or teacher training date date by 12 noon at Chennai airport, and depart on the last retreat date in the morning by 10am.
When you arrive you will have the chance to relax, unwind and recuperate from your travel. In the evening you’ll have a chance to meet others on the retreat over dinner and your yoga retreats' programme will start the following morning.
We will organize a group transfer from the airport in Chennai on the arrival day (the 1st of November for a small additional fee of £10 – one way). The taxi driver will be instructed to stop in Mahabalipuram, which is a UNESCO heritage site, where you will have a chance to view the ancient temples and stone carvings.
Croatia, yoga teacher training: We request all course participants to book their return flights to Zagreb. We will arrange an airport pick up by taxi which will cost £50 one way, hence an additional £100 (for the return transfer) will be added to the course fee. The airport transfer will be scheduled on the day of arrival at 15.00, hence all are advised to make sure the arrival time of their flights in Zagreb is no later than 13.30. On the day of departure the taxi will arrive at the venue at 8.00 in the morning to take all course participants back to Zagreb, hence you are advised to schedule your return flight after 14.00 in the afternoon. If you are travelling from London you can book flights with Croatia Airlines, British Airlines and Easy Jet.
Croatia, yoga retreat: You can take a flight to one of the following cities: Rijeka, Zagreb, Pula and Zadar. From there you would either take a bus or a catamaran to the town of Mali Losinj on the isle of Losinj. With regards to your travel options it looks like there is indeed a daily catamaran from Rijeka to Mali Losinj every day at 17.00 hours. The timetable can be found on the following page:
There are buses to Mali Losinj from Rijeka and the timetable can be found here: