Yoga for the Female Pelvic Floor: Demystifying “Down There”
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Mar 15 - 17, 2019 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $440.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $440.00 Dormitory - Private - $510.00 LGH - Single - $560.00 LGH - Double - $560.00 LGH - Family room - $560.00 Tent-Site - $380.00 (All prices include $260.00 base amount)
Bring your friends, sisters, mothers, and daughters with you this weekend to learn how to strengthen and stabilize this rarely discussed region of the anatomy.
Developing a strong pelvic floor will help address:
- Pelvic pain
- Urinary incontinence when laughing or sneezing
- Lower back, hip, or groin problems
- Frequent urination
- Discomfort during sex or while using tampons
- Prolapsed organs
- Skin irritation
- Pelvic floor changes due to pregnancy and birth
In this workshop, you will locate, assess, soften, stretch, strengthen, and exercise the various muscle groups of the pelvic floor. We will also discuss mula bandha (root lock), abdominal health, and how to utilize the pelvic floor in asana (posture).
The workshop will begin with an overview of anatomy, lecture, and discussion, followed by subtle experiential movements to awaken your awareness and understanding of the pelvic floor area. A series of specific exercises and asanas for the pelvic floor will follow. Time permitting, asana that spotlights the pelvis and hip joints will be practiced. Handouts will be provided.
Although helpful, no previous Yoga experience is required.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
The workshop was fascinating… I have to say I really have never thought much about my pelvic floor and now I am glad to know it is there! Leslie was a great teacher and I think everyone there enjoyed it and learned a ton. — Lisa M., M.D.
[This workshop] completely opened my eyes and created a new awareness of this part of my body, and it was fascinating! In addition to having a lot of fun and laughing a lot, we learned about the pelvic anatomy, function, and specific pelvic exercises. I recommend Leslie Howard’s workshop — she is a major goddess! She’s funny, and of course super knowledgeable and upset that women don’t talk about their pelvic floors. — Corey P.
Leslie is awesome! Very down-to-earth, approachable, funny, and loving. I took her workshop years ago and I still use info from her workshop in my daily practices. — Rukmini Ando
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free