Curb Your Cravings: Overcoming Emotional Eating and Compulsive Behaviors
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Dec 7 - 9, 2018 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $420.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $420.00 Dormitory - Private - $490.00 LGH - Single - $540.00 LGH - Double - $540.00 LGH - Family room - $540.00 Shri Nivas - Private Room and Bath - $540.00 (All prices include…
Comfort foods can be discomforting in the long run. Yoga provides fresh perspectives and many useful tools to help in developing and maintaining optimum lifestyle choices.
Learn the skills to protect yourself from the toxic effects of emotional overeating and other addictive behaviors during this weekend workshop. Pertinent information about the causes and symptoms of addictive behaviors such as emotional eating, excessive shopping, hoarding, emotional and serial affairs, sexual addiction, to name a few, will be presented.
Packed with experiential, mindful exercises, you will learn ways to resist impulses, increase self-control, improve decision making, and harness personal accountability. Specifically, you will learn effective cognitive and behavioral tools, guided imagery, gentle Yoga postures, deep breathing practices, and meditation to calm cravings and dismantle addictive thinking and behaviors.
- Understand the reasons why emotional eating and other addictions develop
- Identify some of the common emotional needs that people attempt to fill with their addictions
- Recognize both cultural and physiological obstacles to overcoming emotional overeating and other addictions
- Learn several experiential techniques to bring about positive change
- Included in this workshop will be great recipes and blissful wellness foods that can replace less healing options.
You will leave informed, inspired, and motivated to start your journey to wellness.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
[Dr. Amrita is] my favorite presenter. Wow! She is so full of knowledge and understanding. I could listen to her for hours and hours! Her sense of humor is a bonus! — Gigi
Dr. Amrita McLanahan [has a] great sense of humor and the capacity to marry science to theory. — Crystal Fenwick
Sam Desai is an awesome teacher—compassionate, wise, and very, very fun! I’ve taken many self-growth classes and have taught my own (as a health and life coach + psychotherapist) and I can honestly say that Sam’s class is one of my favorite experiences! — Karen Schachfer
Sam is very knowledgeable and experienced and she teaches with great warmth. — JoAnn Whiteley
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.