The Art of Giving and Receiving: Vedic Thai Yoga Bodywork
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Nov 30 - Dec 2, 2018 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $450.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $450.00 Dormitory - Private - $520.00 LGH - Single - $570.00 LGH - Double - $570.00 LGH - Family room - $570.00 Tent-Site - $390.00 (All prices include $270.00 base amount)
Experience exotic stretches and Thai Yoga bodywork —a synthesis of acupressure, rhythmic compressions, ancient breathing arts, and meditation. Utilized therapeutically in Thailand, Thai Yoga produces balance and harmony within the body, mind, and spirit.
- Study a 3,000-year-old traditional Asian folk art that creates radiant whole health
- Enjoy strengthened vitality through bandhas (body locks), pranayama (breathing practices), and meditation techniques for personal focus
- Experience simple procedures to assist in rapidly eliminating physical and emotional dis-ease
- Discover how to harmonize shakti/chi (life energy) to enhance the immune system and hormonal health, balance mental energy, and stimulate higher levels of consciousness
- Receive bodywork as you learn!
- Learn Thai self-care techniques—a great feature to add on to Yoga classes
This course is suitable for Yoga instructors, nurses, massage therapists, personal trainers, martial artists, medical professionals, health enthusiasts, musicians, dancers, and all who are interested in vitality and loving compassion (metta). Vedic Thai Bodywork is also a folk art suitable for families.
This is an open-level course. Come and begin or continue the healing journey.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- NCBTMB units available for massage therapists
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manual with a 90-minute sequence is included.
Thai Yoga Bodywork is a unique practice. Backgrounds in massage and Yoga are helpful for learning Thai Yoga, but no experience is necessary. In Thailand, a student of Thai Yoga would not be required to first attend a preliminary massage school or Yoga training. In the beginning of your studies, you learn Thai Massage through pressure points, stretches, and compressions.
If you are continuing your practice, we will have new asanas (postures) or katas (system of martial arts exercises) to share. If you are beginning your journey, you will leave with a foundation in Thai Yoga bodywork.
When asked about levels of learning, one Master in Thailand put it this way: “There is just one level. Then you die.” The best practitioner is always the best student.
For the past two years I have trained closely under the guidance of Sudevi. She is the embodiment of the sacred teachings that have been passed down to her and this ancient wisdom is expressed with grace during her trainings.
Sudevi blends her extensive knowledge of Yoga and bodywork into her teaching style of Vedic Thai Yoga Bodywork. Sudevi is able to impart the medicinal and pranic healing aspects of the work which are part of the Thai culture and Thai Massage lineage. Keeping the Thai flavor fresh, she returns bi-annually to Thailand leading student study tours. I want to go again! — Ashley Semola, LMT, Integral Yoga Teacher
Sudevi’s sadhana pours into her teaching. She bestows each of her students with Satchidananda: Truth, knowledge, bliss absolute! — Sylvia Durga Nofsinger
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.