Loosening the Knots
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Nov 23 - 25, 2018 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $420.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $420.00 Dormitory - Private - $490.00 LGH - Single - $540.00 LGH - Double - $540.00 LGH - Family room - $540.00 Tent-Site - $360.00 (All prices include $240.00 base amount)
Have tight, stiff muscles and joints prevented you from getting on the Yoga mat? Loosen the knots that bind you during this workshop designed to release mental and emotional tension that manifests in the joints, muscles, and organs. Join Raama for a weekend of practical Yoga experience from the Tantric tradition to learn a complete, foundational toolkit for releasing knots in the body and mind.
- Increase strength and flexibility in the legs, hips, and back to improve blood circulation in preparation for sitting meditation
- Learn essential pranayama (breathing techniques)
- Practice simple, powerful, and effective meditation techniques for directing subtle energy and tuning in to inner silence
- Experience deep relaxation for stress management
- Discover how to achieve your highest life goals with sankalpa (yogic resolution)
- Explore Nada Yoga (the Yoga of sound), mantra, chakras, and the profound benefits of brahmari pranayama (humming)
- Establish daily habits for a balanced and harmonious life
This workshop is perfect for beginners, the elderly, and those recovering from illness or returning to Yoga after a break. With regular practice of this toolkit of techniques, students will become well prepared for classical Yoga classes and personal practice. The program has a profound effect in its own right, and so will benefit experienced Yoga practitioners and provide an excellent resource for Yoga teachers looking for new ways to serve beginner students and those who wish to deepen their existing practice.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 11 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
50% off Tuition and Accommodations for IYTA Members. No other discounts apply.
Raama Das is a delightful presenter with a great sense of humor. He makes workshops fun and concepts easy to understand with down-to-earth analogies. I am impressed by his knowledge of the classical yogic teachings and inspired by how he is devoted to living them. His dedication to Sw. Satchidananda’s teachings is quite heartfelt. — Deborah B.
Raama Das is an amazing teacher. He is knowledgeable, caring, genuine, and supportive. I recently had the opportunity to take his Loosening the Knots class and felt my tension melt away. I have taken quite a few deep relaxation classes before and I never felt anything like the way I felt after his session, I was floating! It was so relaxing and healing; my body and mind felt at peace and energized all at the same time. I highly recommend Raama Das and look forward to taking more and more of his workshops. — Ambika Cristelli
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.