Yoga Nidra Training and Certification – Level 1
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Nov 9 - 14, 2018 (6 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,100.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,100.00 Dormitory - Private - $1,260.00 LGH - Single - $1,370.00 LGH - Double - $1,370.00 LGH - Family room - $1,370.00 Tent-Site - $965.00 (All prices include $695.00 base…
Yoga Nidra means “yogic sleep.” It’s a comprehensive practice for going far beyond deep relaxation to a place of natural peace and quiet that is tremendously healing for the body, mind, and spirit.
Attending this Yoga Nidra training will give you the tools and resources needed to:
- Lead others effectively
- Instruct you on how to avoid dangerous pitfalls
- Lead your clients and students to feel centered and heighten body-mind awareness
- Help them to increase relaxation, make positive behavior changes, heal emotional and physical upsets, and enhance self-understanding
- Create a deeply meditative state that reliably reveals and awakens an inner reservoir of intuitive understanding and unconditional joy
- Handle stress and tension in the short term and for the long run
This training is appropriate for Yoga teachers, therapists, healthcare professionals, pastors, and other helping professionals. You do not have to be a Yoga teacher to do this training.
Yoga Nidra takes people deep into themselves to a place of spirit and inner healing. It is fundamental to a complete Yoga session and can also be done as a complete practice on its own. Since Yoga Nidra is so powerful, it is critical that it is done correctly.
The weekend workshop, Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation and Stress Relief, on November 9–11, 2018, is part of this training.
Level 1 Objectives
- Learn the essential principles, practices, and benefits of Yoga Nidra and why Yoga Nidra matters
- Understand Yoga Nidra’s heritage and its ties to Yoga and contemporary science
- Understand the benefits, risks, and ethics of leading Yoga Nidra
- Develop the five sequential levels of relaxation, their distinguishing characteristics, their benefits, and how to experience each one
- Learn how to help others experience progressive levels of awareness that correspond to the koshas (layers of one’s self) that conceal one’s true Self
- Learn to lead relaxation techniques, specialized breathing methods, guided imagery, mindfulness, and other mind-body techniques used in Yoga Nidra
- How to help clients develop positive, personal characteristics and bring a meaningful purpose to one’s life by setting and using a sankalpa (self-selected resolve) during certain stages of Yoga Nidra
- Know how to select music and to create the right atmosphere
- Be equipped at handling distractions
- Develop voice quality, wording, sequencing, timing, and pacing
- Experience Yoga Nidra first-hand and receive its benefits personally
- Practice leading others to gain the skills needed for your classes, clients, and students
- Get your questions answered
Upon completion of Level 1 training, graduates will:
- Be able to teach Yoga Nidra in group and private settings
- Use Yoga Nidra for personal self-care
- Have an understanding of the principles and practices of Yoga Nidra and its uses and benefits
- Receive Continuing Education hours
Yoga Nidra for Complete Relaxation & Stress Relief by Julie Lusk. New Harbinger Publications, 2015.
If you don’t have this book already, you may purchase it at your arrival or click here https://www.iydistribution.com/cart.php?target=product&product_id=14684.
Additional training materials will be provided.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 38 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- CEU contact hours (varies per profession)
I am a registered nurse and I came to Yoga Nidra teacher training to learn how I can help people with stress reduction. I learned a lot more in the process: I found a wealth of support and information that went beyond my initial goal and gave me clarity and direction in my personal life. — Neli Ramirez
This was more than just a class. It was a life-changing experience that will stay with me in my teaching and personal practice. — Nancy McMahon
One of the best immersion programs I could have ever been a part of. The first 2 days everyone took part in a workshop where we were able to participate and experience the benefits of Yoga Nidra. The next several days we were taught Yoga Nidra in a very in-depth program along with being a part of the Yogaville Ashram community. The teacher facilitated an teaching environment that cultivated a close and open relationship with each student. This allowed each of us to experience Yoga Nidra in our own way. The curriculum was very thorough but not overwhelming. Great Experience. Highly recommend it to anyone looking to take their Yoga practice to a new level. I also refer back to her book on Yoga Nidra and her YouTube Yoga Nidra 10 min nap. Julie fully knows her material. — Polly Behringeru
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.