Yin Yoga Training – Module 1: Taoism, Anatomy, and Sequencing
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Oct 28 - Nov 2, 2018 (6 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,125.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,125.00 Dormitory - Private - $1,275.00 LGH - Single - $1,375.00 LGH - Double - $1,375.00 LGH - Family room - $1,375.00 Tent-Site - $1,000.00 (All prices include $750.00 base…
Discover how the ancient practice of Yin Yoga can bring balance to your physical, energetic, and emotional bodies during this six-day training. Learn how to lead a Yin Yoga class and incorporate Yin postures and philosophy into any Yoga practice.
Guided by Biff Mithoefer, author of The Yin Yoga Kit, you will:
- Expand your knowledge of Taoist philosophy
- Explore how to affect the movement of prana in the body with Yin Yoga
- Practice non-striving in your teaching and your life
- Develop a deeper understanding of anatomy and your own natural anatomical patterns
- Sequence a Yin Yoga class
- Hold a safe, sacred space for practice
This training is open to all who wish to deepen their practice by incorporating Yin Yoga.
If you can’t stay for the week-long training, join Biff for the weekend workshop, Introduction to Yin Yoga.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 44 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
I have had the best experience of any past teacher trainings! I feel I have learned to teach with a softer, more lenient style, and the Ashram opened my heart and mind. I had a transformation. I will return and advise my Yoga teachers to attend! — Carol Selei
Not sure? “Leap and you’ll find the net”—a Zen saying. This will be the best net you ever landed in. One of the best, most inspiring teachers I’ve ever experienced. — Amor McShaw
Biff is a Yin Yoga master. He knows how to share the knowledge without overwhelming you. He has a sense of humor, but incredible depth at the same time. — Anjali Davidson
This was a revelation for me. Biff was insightful and knowledgeable, and his team made this training a very special experience. — Noona Ayrei
What a wonderful experience! Biff, Jen, and Prema helped me take my personal practice to a new place and feel more confident sharing with others. — Kristen Wrighti
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.