ONLINE COURSE | Application of Medical Yoga into Healthcare
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- Web address will be given after your registration is confirmed
- Sep 14 - 16, 2018 (3 days)
- $54.00 - Online Program Price
Explore the field of lifestyle medicine and medical Yoga through mindfulness meditation, stress management, guided imagery, and breathing strategies. This course will introduce health professionals to a bio-psycho-social-spiritual model of care for patients.
Learn how to assist patients in decreasing the stress response and discover how to use Yoga to improve flexibility, balance, and exercise capacity for patients. This workshop will introduce you to the clinical applications of medical Yoga and the philosophical basis of health promotion and disease management from this model.
Course objectives include:
- An overview of neuroscience and lifestyle medicine
- An understanding of the role of emotions and psychophysiological stress and on health and disease
- A review of the theory and clinical application of medical Yoga
- An understanding of how to implement Yoga-based clinical interventions
- Didactic and experiential activities in medical Yoga
This workshop is designed for both healthcare and allied health professionals to allow them to experience and learn about the benefits of Therapeutic Medical Yoga.
Dr. Sarkar was “just what the doctor ordered!” — Brad M.
Great presenters—knowledgeable, organized, personable, and open to questions. — Past Participant
Thank you for a superb learning experience and a pleasant stay! — Past Participant
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free