Yoga as a Peace Practice: Creating Resilience in Our Communities
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Aug 24 - 26, 2018 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $425.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $425.00 Dormitory - Private - $495.00 LGH - Single - $545.00 LGH - Double - $545.00 LGH - Family room - $545.00 Tent-Site - $365.00 (All prices include $245.00 base amount)
Yoga as a Peace Practice (YPP) is the first national initiative of the Black Yoga Teachers Alliance. It offers a self-help intervention to address the impact of trauma for individuals and communities where there are dysfunction, chaos, and violence. YPP highlights the contemplative approach of Yoga to illuminate new ideas, ways of being, and practices that help ease the negative impact of violence on individuals and communities. It teaches us how to transform our hearts and minds and takes Yoga off the mat and into our lives in a profoundly meaningful way. We invite certified Yoga teachers, community leaders, and heads-of-households to take this training in Yoga As A Peace Practice, a curriculum designed to facilitate deep inquiry into our perceptions of self, others, and our purpose for being.
Yoga as a Peace Practice will enable you to:
- Teach contemplative Yoga philosophy in language that is accessible to all
- Guide others in pranayama techniques to address the mind, body, and spirit
- Identify the benefits and contraindications of pranayama
- Demonstrate practices in Restorative Yoga to support the physical, emotional, and spiritual wellness of individuals
- Facilitate sharing circles and teach necessary communication skills
- Moderate constructive conversations
- Collect and record anecdotal data from class participants regarding the impact of “Yoga As A Peace Practice” on their lives
Rooted in Yoga philosophy, Yoga as a Peace Practice is a powerful catalyst to support individuals who desire to shift their perspective, approach, and path in life.
Discover how to introduce and facilitate contemplative practice in Hatha Yoga classes, conversations, healing circles, church meetings, family gatherings, and professional services to establish peace in our homes and communities.
Yoga teachers, professionals, community leaders, and others interested in supporting their communities are welcome.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 8 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
YPP Level 1 Certification requires completion of an additional 32 hours of coursework, which includes online and teleclasses, reading assignments, and written coursework. The complete course of study for Level 1 Yoga As A Peace Practice Certification is 40 hours.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
ReviewsWrite a review - tell others about your experience.