Making Happiness a Habit: Wisdom of the Yoga Sutras
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Aug 24 - 26, 2018 (3 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $420.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $420.00 Dormitory - Private - $490.00 LGH - Single - $540.00 LGH - Double - $540.00 LGH - Family room - $540.00 Tent-Site - $360.00 (All prices include $240.00 base amount)
Tired of being dragged through life by your thoughts, emotions, and physical sensations? There’s an easier way to live. Come and discover the power within you to turn your experience of life around. This weekend will illuminate how the Yoga Sutras of Patanjali can be used as a guidebook for happiness.
You’ll be guided through a daily practice of gentle Yoga asanas (postures), pranayama (yogic breathing), meditation, deep relaxation, lectures, and Q&A, where you will learn new ways to transcend limiting thoughts and beliefs.
Discover simple methods for turning negative thoughts, feelings, or experiences into positive ones! Learn to be happy despite your challenging life circumstances, and realize that no one has the power to take away your happiness.
Sumati will address numerous topics from the Yoga Sutras, including:
- The 8 limbs of Yoga
- Yamas (abstentions) and niyamas (observances)
- Practice and non-attachment
- Kleshas (afflictions)
- Koshas (subtle sheaths)
- Yogic categories of thoughts and emotions
- Obstacles and ways to overcome them
- Pratipaksha bhavana (a technique to self-regulate and re-wire habitual neural pathways)
- The four locks and keys (guidelines for interacting with others peacefully)
- Signs that indicate you are making progress
- The ultimate goal of Self-Realization and Liberation
Join us to dive into the wisdom of the Yoga Sutras and make happiness a regular practice in your life!
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 7 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Sumati was such a pleasure to learn from—she is a light in the classroom, a light as a person, and she lives what she teaches. I would recommend anyone who is looking for introspection to consider this course with an open mind. She is great!! — Alicia B.
I love how Sumati weaves the wisdom of the ancients into her everyday conversations, not in a heavy-handed way, but off-the-cuff, as if she has known these sacred truths forever. Sumati is a gem! — Meeraji Kerr