Adaptive Hatha Yoga Teacher Training – 2018
- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Aug 10 - 19, 2018 (10 days)
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $1,920.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $1,920.00 Dormitory - Private - $2,170.00 LGH - Single - $2,340.00 LGH - Double - $2,340.00 LGH - Family room - $2,340.00 Tent-Site - $1,715.00 (All prices include $1,295.00…
This ten-day course teaches you to adapt the Integral Yoga practices to meet the needs of any individual. You will explore the essential benefits of each asana and Yoga practice and determine how to best implement them without strain—regardless of your students’ physical, mental, or emotional conditions.
This training also includes:
- Adaptations of asanas and substitute poses
- Chair Yoga (helpful for students with limited mobility or space)
- Gentle warm-ups and stretches
- Safe and effective prop use
- Strategies for introducing other Yoga practices, such as meditation, chanting, and deep relaxation
200-hour Integral Yoga Teacher Training or the equivalent. Certified Teachers from other traditions may also apply for consideration.
Continuing Education Opportunities
- Yoga Alliance (YA): Approximately 80 training hours
- Integral Yoga 300-hour Mentored Program: 80 hours towards RYT 500 designation
- International Association of Yoga Therapists (IAYT): Approximately 104 contact hours
- Integral Yoga Teachers Association (IYTA) can provide you a CE certificate of your program’s total contact hours. For more information, email email@example.com.
Adaptive Yoga gives us the tools to reach various populations that may not have had access to the benefits of Hatha Yoga. In addition to Yoga studios, adaptive Yoga classes can be offered in senior centers, rehabilitation facilities, recreation centers, hospitals, churches, and community centers.
An Adaptive Yoga class provides all the benefits of the basic Integral Yoga Class at the level that the individual student is capable of practicing. You will learn to create safe, comfortable Yoga sessions for all of your students. Teaching techniques learned in this training will give you more options for accommodating people with limited mobility, students in private classes, and various levels in group classes.
Satya held such a large healing and supportive space for us. She teaches from the heart and leads me to my heart while sneaking lots of “academia” in under the radar. When you fully show up, and sometimes just barely at that, you’re blessed with knowledge, support, and growth. — Past Participant
This is my second training with Satya. She is knowledgeable and interesting. She knows her stuff. The teaching manual was excellent and well-thought-out. I would definitely like to take another training with her. — Past Participant
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free