- Yogaville - Satchidananda Ashram
- 108 Yogaville Way, Buckingham, VA 23921, United States
- Dorm - Bottom Bunk - $75.00 Dorm - Top Bunk - $75.00 Dormitory - Private - $105.00 LGH - Single - $125.00 LGH - Double - $125.00 LGH - Family room - $125.00 Tent-Site - $50.00 (All prices include $0.00 base amount)
Come visit Yogaville!
People of all faiths and backgrounds enjoy the natural beauty and spiritual inspiration found at Satchidananda Ashram–Yogaville®. They come for many different reasons: to study and practice the teachings of Integral Yoga®, to experience the yogic life in a spiritual community, or to get a little rest and relaxation in this spiritual setting in the midst of the rural Virginia countryside.
Be our guest for a day, an overnight stay, or for a longer visit. While you are here, take part in the vibrant and varied Ashram daily schedule.
Take advantage of all that Yogaville offers:
- Three vegetarian meals a day
- Group meditations (3 available each day)
- Hatha Yoga classes (2 available each day)
- Tour our beautiful Interfaith Shrine, LOTUS (Light Of Truth Universal Shrine)
- Various evening programs, scripture study groups, chanting
- Hiking and walking trails
The Welcome Weekend Experience
Our Welcome Weekend is a program from Friday-Sunday designed to help you experience, perhaps for the first time, the benefits of Yoga practices in your life.
From Friday-Sunday you will enjoy:
- Orientation – A brief history of Satchidananda Ashram and the Yogaville way of life
- Guided Deep Relaxation and Meditation
- 2-3 Hatha Yoga classes taught by our Integral Yoga teachers
- Guided Ashram Tour
- Lectures on Expanding Your Yoga Practice
- Satsang gathering – Enjoy Kirtan, a guest speaker and a video of Swami Satchidananda
Our Guest Services staff look forward to meeting you and helping to make your stay as rewarding as possible.
You can feel the sacredness of this place even before you reach the last turn into the campus I only spent a days there and I feel that I am forever changed because of the short interactions I had with the dedicated people there being at the LOTUS (Light of Truth Universal Shrine) and also looking down on it from the high hill above it gave me an incredible sense of connection with the Divine. I highly recommend this place to anyone of any faith. — Laura Baker Anderle
You can tell this is truly a spiritual community because of the way the people take care of you and take care of the ashram. From the person who checks you in, to the swami that leads the meditation, or the teachers in the many yoga classes, love and peacefulness abounds. You can see it on everyone’s face. It doesn’t take long before you, too, are reconnected with that which is your own true nature—that same love and peacefulness. — Micheal and Kathy Murphy
Truth is One, Paths are Many. ~Sri Swami Satchidananda, Yogaville Founder
Venue HighlightsYogaville is home to the Light of Truth Universal Shrine (LOTUS). The LOTUS is a unique temple dedicated to interfaith understanding and the Light within all faiths. Individual altars represent and honor the different world faiths and spiritual paths. The vision, design and inspiration of Sri Swami Satchidananda, LOTUS was dedicated in 1986. It demonstrates, “Truth is One, Paths are Many.” In the peaceful countryside of Virginia, the doors of LOTUS are open to welcome people of all backgrounds and beliefs.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
Menu/CuisineOrganic, vegetarian/vegan food
Gluten-free and vegan options
Large herbal tea selection
Coffee is available for purchase at Mandala Cafe
AccommodationsThe all-inclusive prices of our accommodations provides you with three delicious buffet-style vegetarian meals daily, meditation, and Hatha Yoga classes in addition to other activities.
The most popular accommodations we have are Dormitory Accommodations – shared room and shared bath. We have two dormitories, Vivekananda Vihar and Ramalinga Nilayam, which are centrally heated and air-conditioned and convenient to meals and programs.
Lotus Guest House (Private Room)
Each room in our six unit guest house is equipped with a small refrigerator, queen size bed and full bath. Each room in our nine unit guest house is equipped with a queen sized bed and full bath, and no refrigerator.
Set off in a quiet, wooded area adjacent to the Lotus Guest Houses are twelve campsites. Campers have use of the bathroom, shower, and laundry facilities nearby Vivekananda Vihar dormitory. Camping is available from March 15th to December 1st.