The Yoga of Sound New Year's Retreat, Bali, Indonesia - December 27, 2018 - January 3, 2019
- Bhanuswari spa and retreat centre
- Bali, Indonesia
- Dec 27, 2018 - Jan 3, 2019 (8 days)
When our voice becomes an Offering through the unity of Spirit and Breath, the Alchemy of Presence brings us back into the oneness of the Heart.
Start your new year in a conscious way with presence, mindfulness, sounds and silence.
Connect the conscious stream of your breath into the freedom of your voice and the opening of your heart. Allow Great Spirit to move through you like an open channel, as you raise your personal vibration and invoke a witnessing consciousness of the Divine frequencies, which organically flow like an endless wave of energy and dissolve back into the sea of silence.
The Main Focus Of This Retreat:
To deepen awareness to the subtle energies both within and without, through the medium of sounds and silence.
Sounds include: Mantras ~ Toning ~ Singing ~ Vocal Play
Complimentary practices include:
Pranayama ~ Asana ~ Yoga Nidra ~ Mudras ~ Bandhas
Breathwork ~ Silence ~ Meditation ~ Consciously connecting with the Elements
Sound and silence have the power to still the monkey mind, generate healthy hormones, and invite the heart to open when used in an intentional way. Through the sounds there is silence and after we sound there is a deeper spaciousness of awareness. If you wish to tap into this power and tune into subtle vibrations both inside and out, this retreat is for you.
What is Nada Yoga?
Nada is a Sanskrit word that means sound. Though the practice of Nada Yoga is not one specific practice it covers a wide range of practical exercises. Some practices include vocal play, singing, sounding the Indian scales and mantras. Part of Nada Yoga is learning to fine-tune your ability to listen to audible and inaudible sounds, which is an aspect of subtle vibration.
Benefits of Nada Yoga
- Greater awareness and presence through deep listening practices
- Deeper breath for improved health
- Transforms stuck emotions
- Deeper meditations
- Inner peace and joy
- Builds your confidence to express and communicate more freely
- Expanded consciousness, creating new neurological networks in the brain
- Releases endorphins (the brain’s “feel good” chemicals)
- Increased energy (Sounding moves inner pranic energy & increases your energy)
- Improved communication
- Stronger speaking/ teaching voice
- Quiets inner chatter and thoughts
How to register:
Send us an email tell us more about yourself and include your deposit to reserve your spot on the retreat.
Passport And Visas
You will need a valid passport to travel to Indonesia.
One-month visa upon arrival is given to most countries. If you are not sure please consult with your closest Indonesian consulate office. If you wish to extend your stay, plan ahead by purchasing an extra month visa at the airport before you collect your bags. If you do not purchase it at that time you have to leave the country to renew your visa. You can purchase a one-month visa upon arrival for an extra $30 USD (depends on what country you are from).
Money And Finances
The currency in Bali is the Indonesian Rupiah. $10 USD = 120850 IDR. The Indonesia Rupiah can be confusing because there are a lot of 00’s!
Our venue is surrounded by nature and hence there is no ATM. It’s recommended that you take out /change money before leaving the airport.
Foreign currency can be changed at major banks and authorized money changers, which are all over Ubud. It is good to carry small notes with you for taxis and tipping. Credit cards are widely accepted in major tourist areas.
A suggested what to bring list
- Meditation shawl and a light sweater or wrap
- Light rain jacket and cover up or fleece
- Sturdy shoes for walking/exploring, and flip flops
- Lighter moveable yoga pants, crops (loose fitting cotton is better than spandex in this weather)
- Skirts and shorts
- Several tank tops t-shirts and long-sleeved shirts
- Bathing suit and sarong
- Pajamas and under garments and a few pairs of socks
- One set of clothes for touring, such as capri pants or a long skirt.
- Smaller day pack (can be carry-on luggage in the plane)
- Yoga mat (they fold well or fit rolled in a large backpack – the retreat center does have some mats)
- Small flashlight, combination padlock, and alarm clock
- Travel money belt in cotton (available at luggage stores)
- Travel bath towel (not too thick, i.e. quick-drying)
- Journal and several pens
- Camera and charger
- Audio Recorder
Sequoia's life journey has been an ongoing evolution of her spiritual development through the study and ongoing practice of yoga, healing and sound. She has been leading sound healing workshops and sound healing journeys internationally for over 15 years. Her passion for breath and sound are interwoven into the practical tools for expanding consciousness. Having healed herself using the tools of breath, sound and positive thoughts and affirmation, her passion shines through in her sharing.
What an amazing experience!! Joining an international group, exploring with Sequoia, "Healing with Sound"..., I discovered methodology to give my body, mind and soul a healthy boost! I was very happy with the teaching style and enthusiasm. Sequoia really enjoys and has deep belief in what she is providing. Not a text book teacher by all means. I can tell she has many years of personal and teaching experiences that are shared in class. Geko Treker
- Knowledge of how to use Sound/Silence for your well-being
- How to use sound to transform stuck emotions
- The power of our words and how they shape and create our life
- Various tools to use sound for concentration and meditation, including mantras and sound journeys
- Learn how to sing your heart song
- Stronger, freer singing/speaking voice
- Greater self-expression and improved communication
- Infuse extra pranic energy into your physical and subtle bodies
- Breathing (pranayama and rebirthing)
- Traditional Hatha Yoga
- Yoga Nidra
- Deepen your ability to tune into subtle energies
- Expand your awareness to listening through presence
- Complimentary Massage
- Balinese Water Ceremony
- Brunch and Dinner
- 7 Nights' Accommodation
- Airport Transfer
- One complimentary transportation to Ubud
Venue HighlightsLocated a short 20-minute drive from the main centre of Ubud, Bhanuswari is surrounded by terraced rice fields, towering coconut trees, natural spring-fed streams and vibrant tropical gardens, creating a serene and secluded setting ideal for finding peace and tranquillity. Beautiful flowers and endless songs of various birds assist to nourish your spirit and soul. Bhanuswari is located only 45 min drive from the ocean and has views of the sunrise and sunset. There are two swimming pools on site one being a salt water pool. Bhanuswari also provides traditional Balinese and Javanese massage right on site.
Schedule07:30 – 09:30 Meditation, breathing, mantras, sounding and movement
10:00 – 11:00 Brunch
11:00 – 13:00 Free time OR Class mixed with theory and practices exercises about frequencies (2 days)
13:30 – 16:00 Rest and relax
16:30 – 18:30 or 19:30 -20:30 These time slots will alternate every other day
Evening practice includes a variety of vocal play, toning, Singing, yoga nidra or silent meditation.
18:30 – 19:30 Dinner
20:00 – 21:00 Three different night events include, sound journey, meditation, and yoga nidra
The retreat begins at December 27th, 2018 at 16:00.
Check-in is any time after 13:00 on December 27th, 2018.
The last session is held on the morning session of January 3rd, 2019.
Check-out is by 12:00pm.
Menu/CuisineMeals consist of health-conscious vegetarian dishes, served buffet style.
Brunch includes coffee, tea, fresh fruits, juices and a nice variety of International and Balinese dishes to start off your day, including:
- Fresh coconuts
- Local fresh fruit platter
- Local eggs prepared to your taste
- Green Salad
- Yoghurt, granola
- Sourdough toast
- Various mixed veggies
Dinner includes a variety of Balinese, Italian, Indian, and Chinese cuisine.
AccommodationsChoose between a standard or deluxe room, both can be shared or single. Deluxe rooms come with either a King-sized bed or two twin-sized beds, have a full-sized tub and shower in the en-suite bathroom, and offer a view of a spanning rice field terrace or flower garden. Standard rooms are a bit smaller, have a shower in the en-suite bathroom, and overlook either the infinity – edge salt – water pool or the tropical garden.
All rooms are Non-smoking and feature:
En Suite bathroom with hot and cold water
Mini fridge stocked with variety of drinks
Complimentary mineral water and replenished daily
TV Cable with international channel & DVD players with selection of movies
Individual controlled air conditioning
Tea & Coffee Maker
Choice of Breakfast
Complimentary Wi-fi Internet Access
Complimentary Shuttle Service to and from Ubud and Mas area
Two bottles of mineral water, replenished daily
Air Conditioner with independent control
220 Volt electricity outlets
Hair-dryers and irons available (upon request)
If you'd like to stay any additional nights prior to or after the event, please arrange this directly with the venue Bhanuswari Resort and Spa firstname.lastname@example.org.