REJUVENATING IYENGAR YOGA RETREAT
- Blue Osa Yoga Retreat & Spa
- Blue Osa, Costa Rica
- Jan 12 - 19, 2019 (8 days)
Join Tessa and Zain for a rejuvenating retreat to the Osa Peninsula! This 7-day trip is a journey to an extraordinary place with fresh, farm-to-table organic meals, a beautiful beach, pool and spa options. Adventures await! Connect with yourself and others in one of the world’s most beautiful natural environments. Your week-long yoga journey will give you space and the time to develop a deeper practice. Nourish yourself with yoga classes twice a day, balanced with dynamic and restorative elements.
The location is just as beautiful as the pictures and it was heavenly to practice in a yoga studio that overlooks the ocean! The kitchen and office staff are incredible. And the FOOD is delicious every meal farm to table. ~ Azlisa
- About TESSA: Tessa is a certified Iyengar Yoga teacher. She has been practicing Iyengar yoga since 2007 and received her teacher training at the Iyengar Yoga Institute of San Francisco. She travels annually to study with the Iyengar family in India. Tessa is dedicated to the Iyengar method because of its attention to alignment and the thorough change it brings about in the body. She has specialized teacher trainings in Prenatal Yoga and Yoga for Scoliosis. An avid practitioner, Tessa has used Iyengar Yoga to help treat her scoliosis. She teaches in a way that is safe, accessible, and compassionate – providing individual attention to each student. She loves to travel the world, cook, and garden. She also owns her own coaching business Infinite Success Coaching.
- About ZAIN: Certified Iyengar Yoga Teacher, Zain Syed, has long been teaching in and around the Bay Area. Mentored by Heather Haxo Phillips, CIYT Jr. III of Adeline Yoga in Berkeley, CA, Zain has been trained extensively in the ways of the Iyengar method. His demonstrations continue to inspire and engage a broad spectrum of eager students, encouraging their practice, the Iyengar way. Since teaching his first class at the San Quentin Prison, Zain has remained a devoted teacher of the Prison Yoga Project where he continues his philanthropy on a weekly basis. Immersing himself in the subject of yoga full time, he enjoys bringing the powerful practice of Iyengar yoga to public classes as well as to individuals one on one. By creatively sharing his passion for Iyengar yoga on social media, Zain has built a following online through his inspiring demo videos, shared and viewed by yoga communities around the world.
- WHAT’S INCLUDED IN THIS YOGA RETREAT
- 8-days and 7-nights of eco-friendly accommodations at a premier Costa Rican Eco Resort
- Miles of secluded jungle beach front along which to walk, run, surf or swim
- Delicious farm-to-table meals and a snack each day, using fresh, locally-sourced ingredients, and fresh bread baked daily. Daytime meals are primarily vegetarian, while evening meals may include meat or fish.
- Daily yoga classes and meditation
- Taxes and Gratuities
- Yoga Mats + Props
- Daily housekeeping service
- Open-air yoga studio
- Chemical free lap pool
- Airport transfer from Puerto Jimenez airport to Blue Osa and return
Venue HighlightsCOME AND STAY WITH US – BOOK YOUR VACATION PACKAGE
Private Yoga Retreat Getaway Package:
If you crave the 1-on-1 attention of an intimate experience, work with a private yoga instructor to guide you and develop a personal practice in this package. Together you will increase your strength, stability and comfort on your life’s path. Your yoga teacher will take an in-depth journey of self-discovery.
The Best Of Costa Rica Package:
Experience a little bit of everything in just a few days! Want to mix adventure and rejuvenation while in paradise at Blue Osa? The Best Of Costa Rica Package allows you to choose your favorites from our most popular spa treatments and eco-adventure excursions: Includes: Accommodations, meals, and so much more!
The Rainforest Eco-spa Getaway Package:
Pamper yourself in the Costa Rican rainforest and indulge in nature’s bounty with a personalized spa retreat. Inspired by the purity of our natural surroundings, we have created a holistic approach to treating mind, body and spirit through the use of natural rainforest botanicals and various Ayurvedic healing modalities.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Includes Meat
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineAt Blue Osa we believe that nutritious, wholesome food is not only the foundation for a productive life but is also essential for a happy one. Food that nourishes our soul not only needs to be healthy, but it also needs to be tasty and delicious! Blue Osa is devoted to serving the freshest ingredients possible that are delivered daily to our kitchen.
Our locally-sourced red snapper and mahi-mahi are freshly-caught by neighboring fishermen. Whether it’s pineapple from the Blue Osa property or eggs from the farmers down the road, all produce supports the local economy.
Loving hands knead homemade bread, gardeners gather herbs from the greenhouse, and knowledgeable chefs create a gourmet menu under the guidance of Chef Marie.
This is truly a “farm to table” dining experience.