21 Day 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training in Costa Rica
- Reloj de Arena
- Limon, Puerto Viejo de Talamanca, Costa Rica
- Mar 3 - 23, 2019 (21 days)
- $2900 to $3600
If you have never been to Costa Rica, one term you should be familiar with is “Pura Vida” (pronounced poo-rah vee-dah). Simply translated, it means “simple life” or “pure life”, but in Costa Rica, it is more than just a saying—it is a way of life. Pura Vida means to be thankful for what you have and to not dwell on the negative.
This is why Costa Rica is the perfect place to begin your yoga teacher journey and why we’re excited to bring our amazing 200 Hour RYT training here this October-November. Ready to shift into the life you've always imagined? Join us and your fellow spiritual-seeking yoga junkies today!
Here's what you'll learn in 21 days:
- How to open your body as well as those of others
- The secrets of the mind-body connection
- How to teach a 60-90 minute Asana, Meditation, or Pranayama yoga class to anyone and at any time
- How to teach and combine various styles of yoga, including hatha, vinyasa, restorative, pregnancy, and more
- Yoga psychology and philosophy (AKA The 8 Limbs of Yoga)
- Energy pathways in the body and how to get them flowing
- The principles of Ayurveda and the yogi lifestyle
- Anatomy and physiology
- How to make the world a better place - one yoga student at a time!
Our curriculum includes the following:
- 100 hours yoga technique, training, and practice
- 35 hours teaching methodology
- 25 hours anatomy and physiology
- 30 hours yoga philosophy and psychology
- 10 hours practice teaching guidance
Students will explore the many avenues to learn postures and teach an asana practice – through a multitude of lectures, discussions, reading assignments, writing assignments, posture exploration, teaching exercises, posture sequencing, and class development.
The Practice of Hatha & Vinyasa
- Basic hatha yoga asana sequence includes over 80 positions
- Surya Namaskar and Chandra Namaskar (sun & moon salutations)
- Basic preparatory joint movements to warm up & prevent injuries
- Sanskrit names of all positions
Mantras and Chants
- Seed Sounds for chakras: relaxation, purification, and activation
- Five Element mantra
- Mantra Invocation
- Gayatri Mantra
- Sanskrit chanting mantras
Theory of Transformational Yoga
- Functions of 7 chakras
- 5 bodies and Koshas
- Pranic body and 5 pranas and their functions
- Impurities of the 5 bodies, effects and purification techniques for each
- Energy mechanics of Transformational yoga
- Overview of the yoga philosophy
- Pattanjali and the yoga sutras
- The 8 limbs of yoga: yama, niyam, asana, pranayam, pratyahara, dharana,
dhyana, and samadhi
- Introduction to Upanishads, Vedas, Bhagavad Gita & Yogic traditions
- Ethics of yoga and the yogic lifestyle
- Science of breath
- Sitting postures for pranayama practice
- How to establish diaphragmatic breathing before pranayama practice
- 1:1, 1:2 and 1:4 breathing practices
- Types of pranayama – nadi shodhana pranayama, ujjayee, kapalabhati, bhastrika,
shitali, shitkari, brahmari, and anuloma viloma
Bandhas (Energy Locks)
- Jalandhara Bandha (chin lock)
- Uddiyana Bandha (abdominal lock)
- Moola Bandha (root lock)
- Maha Bandha (the great lock)
- Principles of Ayurveda
- Balance and the Ayurvedic diet
- Shatkarma Purification
Mudras (Yogic Hand Gestures)
- Intro to mudras
- Jnana & Chin mudras
- Yoni Mudra
- Meditation Styles (Chakra, Vipassana, Dynamic, etc.)
- Observation and awareness of breath
- Meditation self-practice
- Yoga Nidra
- Observation & demonstration of yoga techniques
- Modifications, correcting, instructing & assisting
- Developing your teaching style
- Lesson planning
- Ethics for yoga teachers
- Classroom safety and management
Anatomy and Physiology
- Basic knowledge of anatomy and physical systems
- Psychic physiology of yoga (ida, pingala, shushumna)
- Kundalini theory and activation
- Nadis and the nervous system
- Chakras and the endocrine system
- Therapeutic uses of yoga and contraindications
- Body movement and kinesiology
Yoga Teaching Methodology
- Student teaching & observation
- Assisting in classes taught by others
- Basic healthy yogic lifestyle
I attended Enerchi Yoga teacher training in Costa Rica and this was probably one of the MOST healing experiences I have ever had. While I had an extensive yoga background before the training, what we learned at Enerchi was beyond the traditional asana practice I had been exposed to. I learned about yoga philosophy, Ayruveda, the chakra centers – I even had energy healing session for the first time! Sheri, Adrianna, and Bree are extremely approachable and have such diverse backgrounds that each gave me a unique perspective on the material and answered my questions thoroughly. I feel so centered and balanced after this retreat, I would definitely recommend anyone on the fence to just do it! You won’t regret it! Yume Coretta
- 200 hours of accredited study — which upon successful completion, you will receive your 200 Registered Yoga Teacher certificate from Enerchi Yoga School and will be eligible to register with The Yoga Alliance
- 19 nights of eco-friendly accommodation at our private, oceanfront villa with white sand beaches in the rainforest
- Three healthy and organic meals per day — including vegan, vegetarian, and gluten-free options
- Yoga on the beach and river bank
- Daily meditation, music, and mantras
- Healing Pranayama and Asana sessions
- Cacao ceremony plant medicine accompanied by Crystal Bowl Sound Bath
- Group excursions including: zip-lining through the jungle canopy, a chocolate farm tour, medicinal plant walk, and snorkeling off the coral reefs
- Free time for relaxation and exploration of nearby beaches, mom-and-pop restaurants, local shops, and Cahuita National Park
Venue HighlightsLocated in one of the most beautiful and exotic areas of the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, Punta Uva is a small fishing village renowned for its white sand beaches. A nature lover's paradise, guests are free to roam nearby beaches, swim in the ocean, kayak down the jungle river, or take in the sights of exotic wildlife (howler monkeys, toucans, sloths, parrots, hummingbirds, and more). Our private, oceanfront villa is just a 10-minute drive to the towns of Puerto Viejo and Manzanillo where a smattering of mom-and-pop restaurants and local shops await. Want to explore more of Costa Rica's natural beauty? Cahuita National Park is only 20 minutes away!
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
- Bicycles For Rent
Schedule7 AM: Sunrise Yoga: Who needs caffeine? We start the day with an energetic vinyasa practice to immediately get you in your breath and your body.
10 AM: Hit the Books: Following breakfast, we dig deep into the training, learning about yoga philosophy, anatomy, physiology, and more.
1 PM: Teaching Hours: Now we get into the basics of teaching – learning about various poses, the muscles they open, breathwork, and how to help students.
4 PM: Afternoon Practice: We wind down our day with our yoga practice, stretching into delicious Yin and Restorative poses.
8 PM: Evening Meditation: After dinner it’s time to relax and find your center with our daily meditation practice.
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineAll guests will receive three healthy and delicious vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free meals per day plus water, coffee, and fresh juices available all day. All guests have use of the communal kitchen to prepare meals. The convenience is store located directly across the street with basic provisions and larger markets to purchase food are a 10-minute drive into town. Several restaurants are also within walking distance and serve many tasty foods including Amimodo, vegetarian, and multi-cultural cuisine.
AccommodationsTucked away in one of the most beautiful and exotic areas off the Caribbean coast of Costa Rica, Reloj de Arena is a private villa on a lush 2.5+ acre property which ensures absolute privacy and tranquility. You will stay 19 nights in a private, well-ventilated villa with eight shared bedrooms including fresh linens on comfortable beds and ceiling fans in each unit.
$2900: Your choice between camp and hammock in a covered common area with a shared bathroom
$3200: Shared triple occupancy; bunk bed with a shared bathroom
$3400: Shared triple occupancy; queen bed with a shared bathroom
$3600: Private double occupancy; queen bed with a private bathroom
The open deck space faces the river and offers a transformative setting for yoga, meditation, or simply a relaxing afternoon. Other amenities include a communal kitchen, WiFi, gazebo, jacuzzi, BBQ, and cold tub.
Our villa is also a 10-minute drive to Puerto Viejo (bank, pharmacy, supermarket) or Manzanillo (a cozy town with amazing restaurants) and a 20-minute drive to Cahuita National Park. Renting a bike is $5 per day and is a great choice for exploring nearby beaches, mom-and-pop restaurants, and local shops, but only recommended at daytime.
DirectionsPlease book your flight to arrive at the Juan Santamaria International Airport (SJO). From SJO it takes about 4 hours to drive to the retreat location by shuttle or private car. Alternatively, you may take a connecting flight to Limon Domestic Airport (LIO) from SJO. Ticket price averages $85 one way. From LIO it is a 40-minute shuttle or private car drive to retreat center.