Kundalini Tantra Yoga Teacher Training RYT-200
We train teachers in the most effective methods for optimising your body and mind. Our scientific and systematic approach will allow you to reach your full potential and guide others to do the same. Our name is taken from 3 vital components that have become separated in modern yoga. These elements are intertwined and when utilised together, they bring the most effective and authentic yoga practice.
Kundalini - Understanding Kundalini is fundamental to yoga yet rarely do teacher training programmes explain how you can work with it to improve your health and well-being. We share techniques to safely connect with the immense Kundalini energy that is lying dormant in us all.
Tantra - Yoga was primarily focussed on meditation and a life of renunciation until the Tantric's developed physical methods to support the practice. The Tantric's built on what the Rishi's discovered (the pioneers of yoga who dedicated their lives to spiritual development) and made it mainstream by creating techniques that could be used by everyday people without the time to dedicate their entire lives to yoga or the desire to cut themselves off from the rest of society. This is one of several reasons why Tantra is especially relevant for modern day teachers.
Yoga - Almost all the predominantly physical yoga "styles" popular in the west today have their roots in Hatha Yoga. Hatha yoga focussed on the physical aspects of tantra and enhanced them further producing the highest understanding of purifying and maintaining the body, as well as increasing our understanding of the connection between body and mind.
What we offer isn't a new style of yoga. For us there is one yoga, a vast science with many aspects. The different styles all have there place and benefits but our intent is to reunite the most effective and relevant elements of the yoga tradition and guide you to utilise them intuitively and in a way that best works for you and your students.
AUTHENTIC & COMPLETE
The only training courses that covers Tantra, Hatha Yoga and Kundalini
You will learn how to lead classes that will inspire, rejuvenate and expand the abilities of your students. Your will see the potential for rapid progress in you own personal development too, as you use advanced tantric techniques not found in other yoga schools or yoga scripture. This esoteric knowledge is only passed down face-to-face, directly from teacher to student.
"The Kundalini Tantra Yoga Teacher Training course is absolutely fantastic. Ildy and Anand expertly guide you through various asana and pranayama techniques. They are both supportive, knowledgeable and friendly; you are encouraged to begin to practice teaching quite quickly within the course which really helps with any anxieties you might feel about this...."
"As a student and teacher of yoga, I have felt a deep yearning to deepen my practice and my knowledge. As an answer to this wish, Anand and Ildy, from Kundalini Tantra UK, came into my life. They are truly authentic yogis, living their lives consciously and by design, guided by the philosophy they teach..."
"After practising many different styles of yoga for many years I began feel to the urge to delve deeper into my personal yoga practise, and to learn the authentic techniques. I immediately felt a connection to both Anand and Ildy they are the most humble, knowledgeable and warm-hearted teachers that will support you through every step of your journey and help you to learn, grow and challenge yourself. Taking the course was one of the best decisions of my life and I can't thank Anand and Ildy enough..."
Anand and Ildy appeared to me during a period of synchronicity happenings in my life. I had completed yoga TTC with a very reputable school of yoga, but I needed more. I needed to go deeper than the dogmatic ways of many schools, I wanted to get to the roots of yoga...and that's when I found the Indian Wellness Academy. My partner and I attended a spiritual intimacy workshop with Anand and I just knew this was who I was to study with next. Anand is an amazingly intuitive teacher with a delightful sense of humour. His knowledge of ancient tantric practices, greater than anyone I've met so far. Ildy is a wonderful teacher, sharing her vast knowledge of yoga asana's and their technicalities. Both are full of love and empathy and will be there to help you as much, or as little as you need. I feel very lucky to have made the connection with such a beautiful pair of souls, and to be sharing and learning with them. Look forward to teach again this year at the amazing Explore wellness festival! Lucy Brown (Yogini Shivani) THE ROAD BACK TO ME. I have been going to yoga classes on and off for many years, more off than on due to struggling with poor mental heath, fibromayalgia, and chronic addictions. In 2015 I had well and truly burned my life to the ground, and was completely maladjusted to life and suicide seemed a very welcome idea. I am grateful that today things are very different. I feel truly guided by a loving force to want what is best for me and those around me. The turning point for me after going on lots of courses for self care, confidence building, and mindfulness. was when I did my Reiki 1 and 2, which allowed me to connect with myself on a deeper level. That was the end of 2016. From there I studied Ayurveda, and from that became a student at the Indian Wellness Acadamy. to be on this Kundailini Tantra Yoga Teacher Training Course, is one of the best thing I have done in my life. am learning so much about myself, and am so looking forward to teaching and sharing with others. There is a loving path for all of us. Namaste Zoe Day As the saying goes when a student is ready the teacher appears' well that's what happened to me. I was ready to move my practice of yoga up a notch to become a yoga teacher, and there appears the Indian Wellness Academy. I wanted to understand the deeper meaning of Kundalini and Tantra Yoga, Anand perfectly goes deep into the ancient secrets of Tantric yoga. Anand takes you back in time to the ancient Vedic teachings of Tantra and explains clearly how to safely and progressively expand and liberate yourself by tip toeing through stage by stage the various Asanas, Pranayama practices and Mudras and so much more, to gently guide you through the multi levels of yoga practice, that finally lead you to liberation. Anand and Idly are a rare find. I haven't met any teachers who have much ancient knowledge. It's an honour to hear them talk and part the ancient wisdom. The course is varied and covers a lot of deep insights that you may not see in the average Yoga course. Idly goes deep into the asanas and explains the Tantric meaning adding insight to the Asanas. Both Anand and Idly are great teachers, work well together and most of all Ildy's massage are the best I've had . Thanks to you both. Namaste. Vaishali Patel
- Asana - How the physical postures should be performed and sequenced. Includes variations you can give to students who may need easier progressions into the full posture. We will also cover how and when to adjust a students form.
- How to instruct and manage a class - You will learn the art of teaching, in other words; how to inspire and motivate students safely, when to let students find their own way and how to manage groups with mixed levels of ability.
- Anatomy, Physiology and Human Energy Design - How the body works and how yoga can enhance the various system within it e.g. muscular, skeletal, respiratory, endocrine etc. You will be bale to explain the all the benefits yoga can bring to the body, mind and soul.
- The Chakra system - This energy system is a central concept that is shared throughout eastern approaches to health and well being . We think everyone interested in yoga needs to understand the critical difference between the tantric and classical yoga approaches to understanding, balancing and optimising the chakras.
- Kundalini Energy Transformation - Often only covered in a mystical sense in standard teacher training courses, we will explain what it is, how it can be safely activated and what to do with it.
- Tantric Sanjeevani Kriya - Kriya is translated as “action” and is used in several different contexts in yoga. The Kriya’s you will learn are a series of seated exercises that will activate energy channels in the body. With only a short amount of regular practice you can experience the life changing effects of these ancient and incredibly powerful methods that will bring the theoretical concepts of the chakra system to life by making it something you have physically experienced for yourself.
- Pranayama - Your breath is the link between body and mind. The benefits of regular pranayama exercise cannot be understated. The tantric methods have subtle but very important differences to those taught in a classical yoga approach. You will learn advanced methods for your own personal practice and basic methods suitable for using in a class or workshop.
- Meditation - The pinnacle of all yoga practice, meditation is so simple, yet so challenging. Fortunately there are techniques in both the classical yoga and tantric schools that you can use to rapidly accelerate your own progress and when leading group meditation sessions.
- Philosophy - Exploring the yogic concepts of the universe, our existence in it and most importantly, how to create a life of love and fulfilment. Introductions will be given to key classical texts such as Patanjali’s Yoga Sutra’s, and lesser known but equally important tantric volumes. This will include the 8 limbs of yoga and the 5 kosha’s.
- Yoga History - From the original yogi's, known as Rishi's, right up to the all the weird and wonderful "styles" of yoga on offer today. Learn the often untold story behind the evolution of yoga and what the different approaches offer.
Venue HighlightsA blissful location, perfect for yoga training
Situated in the beautiful Wye Valley, Ragman’s Lane Farm is well known for running permaculture courses and has inspired hundreds of people to take up sustainable farming methods.
Having run many weekend yoga retreats and workshops here we have fallen in love with all the charm of the farm.
The idyllic rural setting will bring you closer to nature, to your true self and if you are ready for it, your true potential.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
ScheduleA typical day
6am - 8am Practice of energising postures (asana) and breath work (pranayama)
8am - 10am Kriya and Meditation practice
10am - 11am Fruit and Tea
11am - 1pm Lectures, e.g. Yoga theory, philosophy, anatomy or history
1pm - 2pm Lunch
2pm - 4pm Personal time for self study and homework
4pm - 6pm Lessons on how to teach and practice at instructing a class
6pm - 7pm Dinner
7pm - 8:30pm Free time or special evening event
8:30 - 9pm Evening Meditation
Menu/CuisineWe grow and harvest a wide range of succulent fresh organic veg. Our salad mix is a particular speciality, featuring a colourful array of succulent seasonal leaves, herbs and flowers.
We try to minimise mechanical cultivation, and use growing techniques aimed at protecting the soil and the wonderful array of life within it. We believe that Britain needs more small-scale veg growers serving local communities, and are constantly seeking to refine our growing system to demonstrate that viable livelihoods can be made off tiny acreages.
We sell our produce to local shops, including Field Fayre in Ross-on-Wye, Handley Organics in Ledbury and the Ruardean village shop, as well as to local restaurants. Our produce is also available for local residents to buy directly through the innovative Dean Forest Food Hub website
AccommodationsRagmans Farm is nestled in the Wye Valley on the edge of the Forest of Dean in an Area of Oustanding Natural Beauty. An hour from Bristol, Birmingham and Cardiff, Ragmans is the perfect place to get away from the hustle and bustle of daily life.
We have bunkhouse accommodation, a converted 400 year old barn which sleeps up to 13 people, a meeting venue and a fabulous Yurt with outside cooking.
Ragmans is a place to escape the pace of modern life, to sit with friends around the fire or next to the wood fired stove and enjoy the simple pleasures, beauty and peace of the natural world.
Directionsyou can also find us by putting GL17 9PA into googlemaps. If you are using SatNav to get to us - please look at where the arrow is pointing so that you find the right road into the farm. SatNav users usually take the wrong turning at the last minute . . .
If you are using public transport (well done)
Bus from Gloucester
The bus station is next to the train station. Travel from Gloucester Station to Ruardean Square. Click here for a list of bus timetables. You want the 24 and 24a services, unless you have arranged to be picked somewhere else.
By car from the M4 come over the old severn bridge (M48) and take the Chepstow turn off. Go into Chepstow, over the bridge on the A48, and turn left onto the B4228 signposted to Coleford and the Forest of Dean. Follow the signs to Cinderford out of Coleford. Join the A4136 then take a left turning to Lydbrook. Drive through Lydbrook until you reach the River Wye and turn right. After half a mile there is a sharp right hand turn to Ruardean. We are the first right up this road.
By car from Gloucester and M40 Take the A40 from Glos as far as Huntley, then turn left onto A4136. Follow this until you reach Nailbridge (after Mithcheldean). Turn right to Ruardean. Go through Ruardean and come down the hill towards the river Wye. Go past Little Marstow Farm (left) and Great Marstow Farm (right). We are the next left after that.
By car from the M5 Come down the M5, turn onto the M50 and go to Junc 4. Take the ring road (A40) round the top of Ross. Turn left to Goodrich after 3 miles TAKE CARE it comes up fast! Drive past the post office and school, and turn left at the T Junction under the stone bridge, then over Kerne bridge crossing the river Wye. Turn right at T junc at Kerne Bridge onto the B4234 (signed to Lydbrook) then past a garage on your right. The second left fork after the garage is signposted to Ruardean. We are the first right on this road.
Useful telephone numbers:-
Stage Coach Buses (Gloucester) - 01452 783540 click here for website
National Rail Enquiries - 03457 484950 click here for website
National Express Coaches - 0871 781 8181 click here for website
Local Taxi Companies (near the farm) - CDS Taxis 01594 834834 / Crystal Travel 01594 832288 / K&T Taxis 01594 845913 / Road Runner 07778 277752