2-night Spring Weekend Retreat "Spring Renewal"
Join us for a deeply restorative and renewing weekend in the beautiful Flemish Pajottenland. Together we will take time to slow down, unplug, and relax and to reinvent ourselves. Take a break from the stress of technology, work, and politics. Immerse yourself in the tranquillity of this unique and beautiful space. Enjoy yoga, guided mindfulness meditation and mindful walking. Delicious organic vegetarian meals will be served for your nourishment.
Simultaneously with the outer ritual of spring cleaning we will be doing an internal spring cleaning together. We will think about what we can do to renew ourselves and to better balance our lives. What better time than spring to re-group and re-prioritize, and even re-invent ourselves, and the lives we find ourselves living.
Here are some of the things we will be focussing on:
Clearing out mental and emotional clutter.
When we think of renewal we often think of rebirth; something old dies and something new is born. Why not use this season of renewal as a reminder to get rid of things that are weighing you down and sapping your energy? This could mean:
- Allowing yourself to let go of the past to make room for new things to come into your life.
- Stopping some unhelpful habits in your life and replacing them by more useful ones.
Starting something new.
- Focus on spring as a time of new beginnings and resolve to do something you’ve always wanted to do but never felt you had the time.
- Also, maybe it’s time to begin taking care of yourself? This could be the moment to invite mindfulness into your life (again). A daily practice affords you a “time-out” from your everyday routine. This is a gift to yourself; a promise to honour who you are. This retreat will help you set the first steps in this direction.
Katrien Maes, ayurvedic therapist, will offer full-body massages during this retreat at a reasonable additional cost. These massages offer a wonderful opportunity to deepen your relaxation and get more in touch with your body.
On the first day, I kept falling asleep, but the next day it was already better. I feel much more centered now, more calm. My friends have already remarked it! As a matter of fact, what I’ve noticed is that I don’t worry so much about the hectic times that are coming anymore. Before, I kept picturing in my mind how difficult it was going to be, but now I take things more as they come, and that’s a much calmer state to be in. I have tried to incorporate mindfulness into my daily life, and this kind of retreats really helps.
- Different forms of meditation and yoga.
- Exercises for deep relaxation.
- Delicious, healthy vegetarian food prepared with love by the hosts of the farm, Inge and Hugo.
- A relaxing atmosphere in the beautiful garden and rooms of the farm.
- Free time to enjoy walks or simply relaxing in the beautiful surroundings.
- A group of likeminded people.
- Exclusive use of the whole location.
- Beautiful rooms with private bathrooms.
- Outer silence to encourage reflection and relaxation.
- The possibility for an ayurvedic massage for inner healing and relaxation.
- Possibility for individual talks with the trainer.
Venue HighlightsThe retreat will take place in "The Abode", a former farm in the peaceful Flemish Pajottenland with sheep and cows around.
The location is a haven of peace and calm. The hosts, Inge and Hugo are yogis and prepare the food with lots of love and care. The food is very tasty, organic and homemade. Tea, coffee, fruit and snacks are available throughout the retreat.
The beautiful location with its cosy living room, library, the courtyard and the meditation hall are for exclusive use for the participants of the retreat.
Around the farm there are many beautiful walks through the fields.
- Free Parking
Schedule8.00 - 9.00 Mindful yoga & meditation
9.00 - 10.00 Breakfast
10.00-11.15 Walking and sitting meditation
11.15-12.30 Individual time or walking
12.30 -13.30 Lunch
13.30-14.15 Sitting Meditation
14.15-16.00 Guided mindful walk to the beautiful castle of Gaasbeek
16.30-17.30 Walking and Sitting meditation
18.00 - 19.00 Dinner
19.30 - 21.00 Meditation, group discussion & relaxation
- Gluten Free