200-hour Teacher Training - Bend, Oregon
Yoga Medicine’s 200-hour program consists of two separate training weeks with online lectures and homework in between. The two training weeks include 7 nights accommodation and 3 farm-to-table meals prepared specially for us at the scenic Brasada Ranch in Bend, Oregon. In between the two on-site trainings, you and your classmates will have access to a private online coursework system for the weekly homework assignments, lecture videos, group discussion, and much more.
The 200-hour program is designed to give you a foundation in Week 1, the homework period helps you to review and integrate the information into your personal practice and sample teaching, and Week 2 ties it all together. You will graduate Yoga Medicine’s 200-hour training with a solid understanding of anatomy, alignment, safe adjustments, and a mind full of class programs to offer within your community.
We offer a flexible program that includes 2 weeklong intensive retreats with online coursework in between.
During the first retreat, mornings begin with a 2-hour yoga practice followed by breakfast. Our days are filled with intensive study delving into anatomy, alignment, and adjustments of the yoga postures – all of which lays the foundation for your teaching. The evenings include lectures and a short restorative practice before dinner. Each day will end with homework and self-reflection.
In the 4-5 months in between the retreats, you will be given weekly homework assignments consisting of online lectures, review, practice teaching, pop quizzes, and recommendations for yourpersonal practice. You should plan for 3-4 hours a week of homework plus your regular yoga practice.
On the second retreat, we will bring all the elements of teaching yoga together with classes on sequencing and refining your teaching voice. There will be plenty of asana review and practice teaching with valuable feedback to hone your skills as a teacher.
Both training weeks are filled with daily information, so please plan any travel or sightseeing to take place before or after the training weeks.
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Application of Anatomy to Yoga
- Yoga Philosophy
- Pranayama & Meditation
- Inspiring and Motivating your Students
- Business & Ethics
- Observation & Practice Teaching
Pre-requisites & Application
A minimum of one-year consistent practice, defined as a regular 3-6 day per week yoga practice. We carefully select our applicants so that we can work closely with our teachers to guarantee a higher level of proficiency.
JULY 21-28, 2018
July 29 –November 30, 2018
December 1-8, 2018
“Yoga Medicine is about understanding the body from a western viewpoint & fusing that with the richness of the traditional practice of yoga to get a potency that applies to the modern day person in order to support the overwhelmed, overburdened medical systems of the world.” ~Tiffany Cruikshank
- WHO IS THIS FOR?
- This training is designed for the serious student who would like to start teaching yoga, as well as those who would like to deepen their own knowledge & personal practice. We designed this program to allows for greater flexibility for individuals with careers and families by offering two separate weeklong trainings with online coursework in between. The accessible content keeps you engaged in the training once you return to your regular schedule and you receive a powerful community experience while immersed in the two retreat weeks.
- Yoga Medicine’s curriculum creates a sound knowledge of anatomy, alignment, and adjustments. This foundation will serve as a powerful base from which to teach and guide your students through a practice that educates, inspires, and heals. Since each person finds their own unique calling within yoga, our program encourages a creative focus to unlock each student’s individual potential. There is no script or set sequence to memorize, just your own unique voice that will grow with confidence as a certified yoga teacher.
Venue HighlightsBrasada Ranch
Brasada Ranch is located in Bend, Oregon, which is a beautiful year-round destination for the outdoor enthusiast. Bend is on the eastern edge of the Cascade Range along the Deschutes River, positioning this iconic Pacific NW town as a popular location for mountain and water sports alike.
Brasada Ranch itself is nestled on the hills, creating a serene-like escape from the daily bustle. For the past three years, Brasada has been named the Best Resort in the Pacific Northwest by Condé Nast Traveler for its beautiful cabin accommodations, farm-to-table menus, and the range of activities available for guests. The property is the breathtaking vista extending in all directions: natural fields against a golf course and roaming horses against a mountain range backdrop.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Hot Tub
- Yoga Studio
AccommodationsSINGLE OCCUPANCY ROOM
A SPACIOUS PRIVATE ROOM FOR 1, ENSUITE BATHROOM
DOUBLE OCCUPANCY ROOM
2 OCCUPANTS PER ROOM, SAME GENDER ROOMMATES, ENSUITE BATHROOM