Awaken Your Peaceful Warrior a Sacred Journey on the Mountain
Fear is nothing more than an obstacle that stands in the way of progress. In overcoming our fears, we can move forward, stronger and wiser.
This empowering, inspiring mindful retreat weekend takes place in the wilderness of the Valhalla mountain of beautiful British Columbia. Far from the comforts of home, which may invoke some challenges and fears of the unknown. When we move into nature in a Sacred way we tune into the consciousness of this invisible existence. It is through overcoming our fears can we tune into trust and the guidance of something greater than we are. If you are ready to move through limitations, tapping into your courage, building confidence in a supportive container we invite you to join us.
The warrior walks mindfully, with respect and connects with all that is from the heart. In turn, the energy reflects a feeling of oneness. Learn how to tap into the union of harmony to all that is surrounds you. The plants, animals, trees and all life seen and unseen.
This weekend will help you:
- Increase the connection between nature and yourself;
- Overcome fears of the darkness and the unknown;
- Unite with something greater: an invisible energy that moves through all time and space;
- Build your courage and confidence;
- Cultivate peace of mind;
- Listen deeper to nature;
- Thrive in a supportive, encouraging, respectful, small group environment;
- Transform limitations.
- Be inspired
- Slow down and relax
This weekend is about much more than just climbing a mountain. We will honour the land in a different way and connect with the consciousness that resides in the mountains, plants, trees, animals and waters.
Is this retreat for me?
- Are you ready to make a commitment to yourself?
- Ready to overcome fears?
- Want to challenge yourself?
- Are you ready for change and would like to be inspired?
- Would you like to build up confidence, courage and expand your limitations?
- Awaken your peaceful warrior and connect with the Sacred?
- Open up to your spirituality?
- Cultivate mindfulness and focus?
- Listen to nature in a deeper more connected and meaningful way?
- Are you able to carry your own knapsack?
What does this weekend consist of?
- A gentle 3 km climb up a mountain;
- Walking with awareness and in silence;
- Cultivate ways to connect with mother earth;
- Daily yogic and shamanic practices (asana, physical poses, not included);
- Expanding limited beliefs;
- Tapping into what you wish to create in your life;
- Learn to feel and expand your energy field;
- Mindful eating;
- Mantras, songs;
- Plant identification;
- Tree identification;
- Survival skills;
- Helping change belief systems through Emotional Freedom Technique
What is included?
- 2 Guides/facilitators;
- Two vegetarian plant-based meals which are carried up by each participant, Example of the menu includes Apple, Avocado, trail mix, energy bar dehydrated crackers.
- Transportation, if needed from Slocan city;
What is not included?
- Camping gear (tents, sleeping bags, rain gear, stove etc.)
- Special food requirement
- Walking stick
- Hot beverages
Where does this take place?
- This exploration will take place on a specific mountain in the Valhalla region of the Slocan Valley of British Columbia more specific details given after registration.
- Meeting on Friday at 1:00pm in Slocan City, Friday, September 7th
- Return back from the mountain Sunday, September 9th by 3-4 pm
The hike up the Mountain
The hike is 3 km, which is not long for those who are used to it, yet can be a challenge for others. We will make an offering before heading up the mountain and proceed in silence.
Your guides and facilitator
Sequoia Henning and Yarrow Fleury ( bio coming soon)
Only $222 per person
If you wish to join us, a $122 non-refundable deposit is required to confirm your spot on this epic life-changing retreat. Full payment is due 3 wks before the retreat.
“ Courage, above all things, is the first quality of a warrior." I am Feeling Soul Good! Looking back at the month I spent here I had no clue what I was in for. I was just hoping to be certified to teach yoga. Sequoia is a Goddess, she and the team was extremely loving, supportive and knowledgeable. I have learnt so much not only about Yoga but also about myself then I have ever learnt in my entire life. I would definitely recommend this course too everyone as a once in a lifetime opportunity for change. I cannot wait for the next one. Shermeen Pradeep Kumar¬ / Consultant from India. What an amazing experience!! Joining an international group, exploring with Sequoia, "Healing with Sound" in Morjim Goa, India, I discovered methodology to give my body, mind and soul a healthy boost! I was very happy with the teaching style and enthusiasm. Sequoia really enjoys and has a deep belief in what she is providing. Not a textbook teacher by all means. I can tell she has many years of personal and teaching experiences that are shared in class. The venue was lovely, an open concept set just off the long beach which provided an opportunity for meditation and swimming outside of lesson time. I would love to take another course with her. Maybe in Bali! In 2019? “ Namaste Suzan Badgley retired Vancouver
- Being in nature
- Watching the open sky at night
- Learning to listen with all sense to nature
- Hearing your higher self
- Looking at the world and yourself through the heart
Venue HighlightsMother nature will nurture us all as we rest our heads on her womb.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Parking
ScheduleWe will follow the rhythms of the Sun and the energy of the group. There will be plenty of time of personal time mixed with group sharing practical experiences.
Menu/CuisineOnly two meals are included which are plant-based mainly raw vegetarian food. Apple, avocado, trail mix and energy bars and dehydrated crackers.
AccommodationsWhatever you bring is your accommodation. If you do not have gear you can rent it from various outlets in Nelson B.C
DirectionsThe closest airport is Castlegar, British Columbia