6 Day 40-Hour Aerial Yoga Teacher Training with Lindsay Nova in Arambol, Goa, India
- Samata Holistic Retreat Center
- Samata Holistic Retreat Center (Mango Tree), Arambol, Goa 403512, India
- Oct 24 - 29, 2018 (6 days)
Learn to fly and teach aerial yoga in the stunning paradise of Goa, India! Take flight into new realms of possibility in your body and mind through the practice of aerial yoga in our intimate, small-group healing environment. When you become an aerial yoga teacher, you enable others to deepen their own yoga practice with the use of this prop.
You will learn basic inversions by going upside-down and how to spot them in classes. Our training also has a focus on safety and proper rigging, which is essential when teaching aerial yoga!
Stretch deeper into yoga poses through the use of the yoga swing and natural gravity. It is a fun and playful practice, sure to leave you energized and feeling good. Spread the aerial yoga love when you become an aerial yoga teacher!
Aerial yoga is a form of inversion therapy which helps decompress the spine. It’s also an all-natural mood booster! Not to mention, you can become strong just like someone who trains in the circus.
Lindsay Nova is a traveling yogini, healer, and performance artist. She has taught this course in Costa Rica and Sri Lanka as well as on 200-hour teacher trainings in Thailand and India. Lindsay is excited to share her aerial yoga curriculum with you! This program is a culmination of her background in dance, yoga, and circus arts after teaching movement arts for the past 10 years.
- 6 days of classes on the soft aerial silk hammock, aerial yoga teaching methodology, sequencing, rigging, spotting, and safety as well as business marketing to uplevel your career as a yoga, fitness and movement instructor/health coach
- 5 nights accommodation at the most luxurious yoga resort in Goa, India, just minutes from the beach!
- 3 nutritious meals daily sourced from their on-site organic garden
- Daily aerial yoga classes in different styles (general aerial yoga, core aerial, restorative, etc.)
- A digital manual with 75+ aerial yoga poses and how to sequence them for your classes
- 40 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credit
- Access to the members-only Facebook group for support after the training
- A fun and supportive small-group environment!
- Your own Aerial Yoga Hammock to take home
Skill level: Beginner/Intermediate
Space is limited! Only 10 spots available.
Lindsay Nova makes the course fun with her playful energy and her professional instruction ensure that we are all safe. Some have asked me, “Why aerial yoga? Why not regular yoga” This approach is much gentler for those who have had injuries and surgeries, but it is still hard work, making the body stronger while lengthening muscles and tendons to help avoid future injuries. For me, it is like being back in the dance studio, only up a little higher… which is way more fun! Restorative aerial yoga, which uses a lower height, is also good for people who suffer from chronic pain issues such as fibromyalgia or arthritis. I have seen my body evolve into a much healthier being with not only a stronger core but with more muscular legs and arms, too. I’m very pleased with my progress and my healthier me! Elena
- What you will gain from this course:
- A new pathway for your career as a health and wellness practitioner
- A deeper understanding of your body and how you can use that to help others
- How to sequence, teach, and spot a safe aerial yoga class
- How to properly rig an aerial hammock
- The therapeutic benefits of aerial yoga
- 40 hours of Yoga Alliance Continuing Education credit
Venue HighlightsOur large and beautiful pool at Mango, in the shape of a tear drop, is a great place to relax in the sun on our comfortable pool chairs. Drink a juice, catch some rays, and cool off during the hot afternoons.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Studio
ScheduleDay 1: October 24th
12pm-4pm Arrival & Orientation
6-7:30pm Aerial Yoga Class
Day 2-4: October 25-27th
9am-10: 30 am Aerial Yoga Class
10:30-12 Aerial Posture Clinic
1pm-5pm Teaching Methodology, Rigging, Etc
Day 5: October 28th
9am-5pm Practical Teaching Exams with breaks!
7pm Graduation dinner & sunset on the beach!
Day 6: October 29th
Check out by 11am
Schedule subject to change!
**Please plan to arrive on October 24th**
Please note you will be required to write a 500-word essay due within 1-month of the ending date to receive the full certification and register with Yoga Alliance.
- Gluten Free
Menu/CuisineAmrit Holistic Kitchen: Breakfast is served early morning and is a full spread of fruit, muesli, porridge, organic free range eggs, salads, fresh, juice, tea, and coffee. Lunch at noon features our ever-changing Ayurvedic Garden Thali filled with fresh ingredients from our garden. Vegan and Gluten Free options are also available upon request. Dinner is a vegetarian fusion meal, chef’s choice!
Mango Tree Communal Kitchen: During the free time of the day in between classes, the Mango Tree Communal Kitchen will be fully stocked and acts as a communal kitchen for your pleasure. Assortment of teas, coffee, and other snacks will be available for your enjoyment. Help yourself and feel at home; it’s all part of your package.
Organic Veggie Garden
We have a hardworking and dedicated team of organic gardeners who have managed to rehabilitate land that was chemically farmed for over 30 years. Reintegrating organic and biodynamic principles as well as training the villagers around us has been a toiling, yet ultimately satisfying, endeavor. The success of our garden has sparked interest among the local Goans, and we hope to inspire many gardens like ours around the neighborhood. While you stay with us, you will witness the food that you eat while it grows. Fresh herbs and greens are harvested daily for our vibrant salads. You won’t find another center in India that has gone to this much trouble to ensure that you get the best nutrition during your stay.
AccommodationsAll of the cottages are built from traditional style Indonesian village homes, all from recycled teak wood. Our rustic yet elegant architecture has a temple feeling. All rooms have AC, en suite bathroom, hot water, wifi, and a safe for your valuables.
DirectionsFly into Dabolim International Airport in Goa, India and take the group shuttle the morning of October 24th to Samata