Into the Heart of Light, 100 hour Yoga Alliance Accredited Advanced Training - Sacred Valley, Peru
- The School of Sacred Arts (SOSA)
- Sach’a Munay, Sacred Valley, Peru
- Jun 19 - 29, 2019 (11 days)
Where and when:
This event will be held June 19 - 29, 2019at the Sach'a Munay Retreat Center in Peru’s Sacred Valley of the Incas.
What and why:
This deeply nourishing10 day, all-inclusive retreat and 100 hour advanced YTT* draws upon a synergistic blend of the shamanic customs of the Americas and the ancient art and science of Yoga. These practices profoundly connect us with ourselves in raw and experiential ways, bringing to the surface our sub conscious, habitual thought patterns and behaviours that often can dominate our day to day lives.
Working in ceremony with Ayahuasca and Huachuma (San Pedro) will help inform how to live our yoga rather than simply “do” it, while our yoga practice serves to deepen and keep us centered during our journeying with the Plant Teachers for us to discover glimpses of our our place within it all.
Ayahuasca, Huachuma and Yoga Nidra have long demonstrated their profound healing abilities and during this retreat you will be given tools to transform what arises as well as space to restore, rejuvenate and connect with FLOW and your own potential, so that you can live a more authentic and meaningful life.
Cost: The standard rateUSD $1950
Early bird discount rate USD $1,795 available if paid in full by Dec 19, 2018.
Please note spaces are very limited and so a non refundable USD $500 deposit is due upon acceptance to the program to secure your spot.
The schedule will vary, depending on the flow of the days, as well as the needs of the group. Due to the nature of this event, much of it will be touched by the natural and organic flow and inspiration of Spirit.
*100 hour advanced module for Yoga Alliance 500 hour Yoga Teacher registration and Continuing Education:
Open to practitioners of all levels and experiences, this event meets all Continuing Education (CE) requirements as required by Yoga Alliance for all registered yoga teachers, and also counts as one of three 100-hour modules specific for those moving towards an advanced 300-hour training (500-hour certificate) with the School of Sacred Arts in collaboration with Tina Nance Yoga Therapy.
May the Heart of Earth Flow to the Heart of the Heavens Through my Heart And may our Hearts together Be the Heart of all sentient Beings May the Heart of Father Sky Flow to the Heart of Mother Earth Through the Heart And may our Hearts together Be the Heart of all Earthkind. ~ Mayan Prayer
- ·Accommodation (based on shared occupancy)
- ·Homegrown, chef prepared, vegetarian meals
- ·2 x Ayahuascaceremony guided by medicine songtress Leticia Tika Qantu Sideris; a 5thgeneration shaman and assisted by incredible musicians.
- ·1 x Huachumaceremony guided by Paul Temple from Hummingbird Retreats in Pisaq; a yogi elder with 2 degrees in botany.
- ·Rapé offerings (shamanic tobacco snuff)
- ·The multicultural custom of “Council Circles” will play a significant role with integration during the retreat, prefacing and following all shamanic ceremonies
- ·Daily Vinyasa/Hatha, Yin and Yoga Nidra practice exploring and inspired by the elements and nature, led by our wise yogini and Soul Guide Simone MacKay
- ·Talks about Yoga Nidra, the Koshas and native Medicine wheel and 7 directions teachings
- ·Mauna (cultivation of inner quietude including a full day of silence)
- ·Mountain / waterfall hike in the foothills of the Andes, connecting us to the land we journey in and to Quechuan spirituality
- ·Baños Florales (floral baths – a shamanic healing ritual used throughout the high Andes through to the Amazon basin that removes blockages and supports energy flow)
- ·Peruvian Despacho Ceremony
- ·Temazcal / Sweat Lodge (native purification ceremony)
Venue HighlightsNestled in the foothills of the Andes, this retreat centre is nestled amongst incredible beauty. Eco - friendly you are more than looked after. Chef prepared, vegetarian meals are provided as well as natural soap. Super hot showers and sauna available at all times. Massage, body work and other services are available upon request and the retreat centre also has a small cafe and shop selling local products and crafts.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Tour Assistance
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free