- The Haven
- 240 Davis Rd Gabriola Island, BC V0R 1X1 Canada
- Aug 8 - 13, 2018 (6 days)
- Ocean View - Private - Participant - CAD $2,541.25 Forest View - Private - Participant - CAD $2,341.25 Forest View - Shared - Participant - CAD $1,936.25 Basic Room - Private - Participant - CAD $2,121.25 Basic Room - Shared…
Looking to shake things up?
Ready to try something different?
Experience Come Alive!
Come Alive is for you if you want to:
- Continue the climb, experience your potential.
- Feel more aliveness and energy.
- Move, dance, feel the freedom.
- Strengthen your well-being.
- Rediscover joy in your life.
- Enjoy the beauty of Gabriola Island.
You’ll come away with new friends, more clarity and you’ll have some fun along the way. Here’s what participants have to say about their experience of Come Alive.
In Come Alive, you will learn and practice the Haven models of communication, relationship and self-responsibility, through a range of opportunities for personal learning. The whole group meets during the day, with smaller groups in the evenings. In addition to group activities and discussions, each participant is offered a time for individual experience in large or small group sessions, including breath and body work, gestalt, psychodrama and other forms.
Come Alive is part of the core curriculum of The Haven. It was created some 40 years ago by The Haven’s founders, Bennet Wong and Jock McKeen. You can read a History of Come Alive by Ben and Jock on The Haven’s Shen blog. Come Alive is led by members of The Haven’s core faculty. Gifted leaders, educators and group facilitators, they have all trained at The Haven and have many years’ experience leading Come Alive and other programs.
Come Alive can impact your professional as well as your personal life. The tools we offer can assist in conflict resolution, team building and leadership. If you would like your employer or professional body to support you taking Come Alive, you may find this description for employers and professional bodies (PDF) useful.
- Arrival day: check-in to your accommodation after 4pm. Dinner 6-7pm, first session 7-9:30pm.
- Middle days: breakfast 8-9am; session 9am-Noon; lunch 12-1pm; free time 1-3pm for bodywork, beach walk or nap; session 3-6pm; dinner 6-7pm; session 7-9:30pm.
- Departure day: pack up prior to enjoying breakfast 8-9am; final session 9am-Noon; lunch 12-1pm. Check-out time is Noon.
- Free Wifi
- Free Parking
- Hot Tub
- Fitness Center