About This Event
YOGA + YARN RETREAT
February 7 - 10, 2019
at Hotel St. George in Marfa, TX
We're heading to Marfa Ya'll, for an all-inclusive luxury yoga and knitting retreat. Yoga + Yarn is a four day wellness vacation where we’ll stretch out, bliss out, knit out, and overall have a long weekend of self-care and self-love. Knit in the cozy St. George hotel and find inspiration at the many art galleries around Marfa. Liza and Kate are available for knitting support throughout the trip, and knitting kits are available for purchase. No matter if you are brand new to knitting, a seasoned knitter, or coming back to it after many years we are there to help you have fun and find your zen-knitting face.
All yoga classes are tailored to a knitter's needs. Postures are geared to help strengthen your hands, release tension in areas like your forearms and shoulders and open up hips stiff from sitting while knitting. The morning yoga classes are a flow style and the afternoon classes offer meditation and restorative yoga poses. Yoga classes are for all levels, beginners welcome.
Beautiful rooms with private bathrooms provide you with ‘me-time’ and the delicious meals will have you feeling rejuvenated and relaxed. Three meals a day are included to make sure you are fueled up while enjoying your craft.
In addition to our knitting and yoga, we will visit the famous McDonald Observatory for a spectacular evening star party. We are also offering an optional cheese making class at a local goat farm (class available for separate purchase). Check out our tentative schedule here.
- 3 nights at Hotel St. George
- 2 yoga classes a day taught by Liza (total of 6 yoga classes)
- use of yoga mat and props (but you are welcome to bring your own)
- 3 meals a day at Marfa's essential dining destination, La Ventura
- specialty brioche knitting workshop
- knitting support from Liza and Kate
- night excursion to the famous MacDonald Observatory for an evening of star viewing
- free time to lounge around the luxurious hotel property, visit local shops or one of the countless local art galleries
- alcoholic beverages
- cheese making class at a local dairy farm will be offered for a separate charge
- beginner, intermediate and advanced knitting kits featuring Ragline Knits knitting patterns and luxury yarns will be made available for sale at a later date
- take a trip to the famous Prada store art installation in Valentine, Tx or Big Bend National Park
TRANSPORTATION (not included)
- flights should be booked into El Paso, TX on February 7
- you will need to rent a car (carpooling with other retreat goers can be arranged) for a 2.5 hr drive from El Paso to Marfa
- check in is at 3pm on the property, so plan to arrive between 3:30-5pm, our first yoga practice will begin at 6 pm and dinner thereafter
- check out will be at 11 am on February 10th, so plan for flights in the afternoon/early evening.
- private king bed room for $1,550
- shared double queen room for $1,250 per person (if you are sharing a room with a buddy please specify his/her name at checkout, or we will pair you with a roomie prior to the retreat)
ScheduleDaily yoga and knitting! Plus a visit to the McDonald Observatory for a star party. As well as an optional cheese making class.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi