Journey To The Heart
- Villa Sumaya
- Santa Cruz la Laguna, Guatemala
- Nov 3 - 10, 2018 (8 days)
- $1,700 - $2,300
"The greatest journey a man can take is the eighteen inches from his head to his heart." --Andrew Bennett
Embark on a sacred pilgrimage to the mystical shores of Lago Atitlan, Guatemala. Join Rod Hairston and Kim Goyette for a week-long, fully integrative "Journey to the Heart".
Lago Atitlán is a truly magical and magnetic place, believed by the Mayan culture to represent the belly button of the Earth. Cradled in the embrace of three volcanoes, the lago is a powerful space to heal and balance our mind, body and heart.
Through engaging self-discovery workshops, yoga, meditation, chanting, ritual, ceremony and dance, awaken a deep connection to the heart of the Earth, the heart of your Spirit and the heart of your Mind.
- * Workshops -- You will be guided through five transformative workshops to awaken the wisdom of the heart and unleash the continuous connection with the body, mind and spirit. In a principle-based, holistic way, you will develop heart practices that you can use in any and every aspect of your life.
- * Cacao Ceremony - Journey home to your heart with Xicoy, the Cacao Spirit, one of the most playful spiritual guides in ancient Mayan cosmology. The Mayans have used Cacao in ceremony for thousands of years to connect with their hearts. This Cacao Ceremony is steeped in ritual and reflective heart circle meditation. Be warned: your heart will expand beyond your imagination leading to pure bliss, laughter, joy, allowing for more of who you are to shine. There will be a post ceremony dance circle to follow.
- * Fire Ceremony - A Mayan spiritual guide will share a traditional Mayan Day Count Fire Ceremony to help you release anything that is holding you back from radiating your divine self. This experience includes the building of a fire in the age old Mayan tradition using herbs, chocolate, colored candles, cinnamon, myrrh and copal.
- * Chichimeca Traditional Purification Ceremony - Join us for a traditional Chichimeca style purification ceremony. This offering includes ritualized practices and heart-centered connection with Great Spirit. You'll share sacred songs to open the heart while plant spirits and specially prepared herbal tea help clear and lift the emotional body. This revitalizing sauna circle will leave you feeling inspired and rejuvenated.
- * Yogic Sacred Trance Dance - In every culture from the beginning of time, our ancestors have used dance to connect with nature, connect with themselves and call on the support from energies around them to bring wisdom, prosperity, health and good fortune into their lives. Through music and movement, yogic trance dance provides the perfect conditions to go deeper into ourselves and experience our limitless power.
- * Concierge service to assist with organizing all your transportation, spa services, cultural outings, early arrival and/or extended stays.
- Not Included
- * Airfare to Guatemala City (airport code GUA)
- * Spa Services at Harmony Space Spa available onsite
- * Excursions and Side Trips
- * Alcoholic Beverages
- * Wifi access available at a minimum charge of $3/day or $20/week (or free access from the lobby using the Villa computers)
- * Transfers
- * Boat Shuttle across the lake to Villa Sumaya
- * Staff gratuities
Venue HighlightsRetreat Sanctuary: Villa Sumaya
In Sanskrit, the word Sumaya means "long awaited dream come true." Nestled into a secluded lakefront cove on the stunning shores of Lake Atitlán, Villa Sumaya rests upon 18 acres of sacred Mayan highlands and boasts panoramic views of a trio of spectacular volcanoes. The semi-tropical climate, lush and exotic vegetation and azure waters combine with the grandeur of the volcanoes. There are twelve Mayan villages surrounding the lake, each with its own distinctive style, culture and traditions.
Meals at Villa Sumaya are lovingly prepared at Café Sumaya Sol and offer a culinary-conscious menu for slow food aficionados and eco-epicureans. A vegetarian-based, eclectic blend of local and international cuisine is created fresh daily from Guatemala's cornucopia of fruit and vegetables.
- Free Wifi
- Yoga Studio
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineMeals at Villa Sumaya are lovingly prepared at Café Sumaya Sol and offer a culinary-conscious menu for slow food aficionados and eco-epicureans. A vegetarian-based, eclectic blend of local and international cuisine is created fresh daily from Guatemala's cornucopia of fruit and vegetables.
* 7 nights / 8 days private or shared accommodation with lake views and patio seating.
* 3 amazing vegetarian based meals per day including one meal with chicken/fish per day.
* Unlimited coffee/tea/filtered water service.
* Twice daily yoga and meditation sessions (10-classes).
* All taxes
We suggest flying into Guatemala City (airport code GUA). From there, Villa Sumaya can arrange a shuttle from Guatemala City or Antigua to Panajachel. Once you arrive in Panajachel, you may take a private or public boat. We recommend a private boat for groups of 5 or more people as well as for those with heavy luggage. A public boat costs about $3 per person. A private boat for 1-4 people is $25. For each additional person up to 15 people, add $5. Be sure to ask in advance to get off at the Villa Sumaya dock.