300 Hours Yoga Teacher Training in Goa (6 weeks)
Philosophy of Parimukti 300 Hours Yoga Teacher Training
In the advanced training, we proceed to explore who we are by reaching out to the yoga philosophy, Ayurveda and yin philosophy, to look at ourselves with new eyes. We will challenge you to question your beliefs and perspectives and from how that reflects in your teaching. We will explore yang and yin yoga styles more in-depth too by learning advanced hands-on adjustment techniques and studying yin yoga, restorative yoga and yoga nidra.
If you were most comfortable teaching one style of class only, in this training we are opening up the possibilities. You will deepen your understanding of the anatomy and physiology of the body, which you will learn to apply practically in a Yin and Yang Class. You’ll study and understand the differences of yoga with a yang character (more focus on alignment or flow) and yoga with a yin character (yin and restorative poses and practise. (Advanced) asanas, breath awareness, pranayamas, kriyas (cleansing techniques), mantras and meditation, will be presented, deepened and practised within the course.
Besides the physical practice, you will explore the energetic, emotional and mental aspects of a yoga practice. Therefore, you’ll study the Patanjali Yoga Sutras in depth, and you will be introduced to Daoist aspects of yin yoga which will be integrated into your life and teaching. In this training, we acknowledge the unique individuality of bodily and mental constitution. To be able to recognize and understand these subtle processes you’ll study Ayurveda in depth. The 300 Hours Yoga Teacher Training supports you in your exploration of the endless possibilities of life!
The 300 Hours Yoga Teacher Training will give you an increased understanding and acceptance of yourself (as a teacher) and the direction of your career. You’ll become even more aware of your own unique presence, energy, message and teaching style(s).
- PRANAYAMA – You will continue/start a personal practice of pranayama to incorporate into your daily practice. At the end of the program you will have integrated these practices and, thus, will be able to incorporate different types of pranayamas into your teaching.
- KRIYA – Kriyas are cleansing and purification practices. You will learn a selection of advanced, powerful kriya techniques (such as Uddiyana kriya, Nauli, Agni Sara), and incorporate them into your daily practice routine.
- MEDITATION – We will continue experiencing different meditation techniques like silent sitting, movement meditations, heart meditations and buddhist meditations. You will deepen your understanding of what meditation is, and understand how that translates into your daily life. Meditation from the point of yoga philosophy as well as chakra meditation to approach different energy channels (Nadis).
- We invite you to be in silence one day a week. It is a powerful tool to go beyond the surface – beyond names and forms, social, cultural or psychological boundaries. You will receive teachings and practices silently, allowing you observe more closely your thoughts, habits, and patterns. Your teachers will support you in your silence, and the teachings itself will empower you with strength to go deeper within the process of yoga.
- ENERGETIC ANATOMY – You will study the subtle energetic bodies and you will learn and experience how the energy in the body works, and how the energy body and mind are intimately connected.
- PHYSICAL ANATOMY – In this module you learn about the functional anatomy and physiology of the nervous system, the muscular system, and connective tissue to understand the effect of a yang and yin yoga practice.
- AYURVEDA – This module prepares you to integrate the wisdom of Ayurveda in your own life. You will gain understanding of the 5 elements, our three doshas, and discover your own natural born constitution (prakriti) and your current imbalance (vikriti). Also you’ll learn how to determine someone’s dosha and know the most important ways of healing any imbalance. You start to develop your ‘Ayurvedic Eye’ to see things from the Ayurvedic perspective. This will bring more balance in your life, in your yoga-practice and in guiding students. Additionally, we study how to use nutrition to adjust to our own natural born constitution.
- ART OF TEACHING AND ADJUSTING – To be able to teach creative and safe Yin and/or Yang yoga classes, each training block will include intensive practices; involving teaching, sequencing, adjusting and the use of props. The progress of your practice will be supported with guidance.
- PHILOSOPHY – You will be challenged to find your own understanding of the Patanjali Yoga Sutras, by studying them in depth. We gain deeper insight of the text and ourselves by sharing personal findings , discoveries and relate the philosophy to our lives.
- MANTRA & SOUND HEALING –Once a week, we will integrate sound and vibrations, which work on the human system. You will understand by experience how sound can positively charge oneself and the environment. It can help to develop self-awareness, physical and emotional healing, personal growth and new connection within and the surrounding.
Venue HighlightsParimukti Yoga Rooftop Studio, Kanira Homes, Girkarwaddo, End of Magic Park Road
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Fitness Center
Schedule07:00 - 09:00 Pranayama, Kriya & Asana (Yang)
09:00 - 10:00 Healthy vegetarian breakfast
10:00 - 11:00 Lecture/workshop 1 (e.g. advanced adjustments)
11:15 - 12:30 Lecture/workshop 2 (e.g. ayurveda)
12:30 - 15:00 Lunch and Rest
15:00 - 16:30 Lecture/workshop 3 (e.g. philosophy)
17:00 - 18:30 Yin practice
20:00 - 21:00 Kirtan (once a week)
Menu/CuisineExample of breakfast:
Porridge with fruits
Bread with boiled eggs and jam
Example of lunch:
Rice and/or chapati
Fresh salad with cucumber and tomato
Example of dinner:
Vegetable curry and rice
Pasta with vegetables
Clean, cozy, comfortable and secure shared (2 or 3 persons) accommodations
Single rooms with private balcony, and private attached bathroom with individual toilet and shower available for an additional 200 euros
Specially prepared delicious vegetarian meals during training days
Dinner on Saturdays and all meals on Sundays are excluded so that you can explore the richness of Goa’s restaurants
A locker for valuables
Wifi and internet (though in Goa it is not always reliable or steady due to factors outside our control)
A chauffeured pickup from the airport to our school from Goa airport to avoid the hassle of taxi touts and finding the location if you are arriving in India for the first time
A sight seeing dolphin trip in Goa
A massage by one of our experienced teachers
Two complete printed manuals: one full special Parimukti manual dedicated to the alignment of asanas and one Parimukti manual of the course with background information to the lessons, including diagrams and useful reminders. Many of our ex students consider this manual a cherished invaluable and yet a practical possession
A bag with handy ‘yogic tools’ such as a neti pot, tongue scraper and T-shirt to practice in
DirectionsThere a few options to come to Goa, the best one is a flight to Goa International (GOI) Dabolim Airport which is near the capital of Goa, Panjim/Panaji:
(contact info blocked). There are also buses and trains from Mumbai or other cities in India.