Awakening the Chakras: A Spiritual Yoga Retreat
- Ananda Center Laurelwood
- Laurelwood, Oregon, USA
- Jan 25 - 27, 2019 (3 days)
- Contentment - 2 bedroom apartment with living/dining room, kitchen, and bath - $775.00 Premium Queen with en suite bath - $685.00 Serene Queen - $555.00 Comfy Full - $515.00 Cozy Twin - $507.00 Hostel-style Lodging - $401.00…
The practice of yoga has a beneficial effect on more than the physical body. Yogis also recognize the existence of a subtle energy body, which plays an important role in our mental and physical health and our spiritual development.
The most important features of the subtle energy body are the 7 energy centers (chakras) which are located in the central channel (sushumna) of the energy body.
In this retreat, we will:
- explore the connection between the chakras and our psychological and emotional states
- use yoga asanas and pranayama to direct energy upward in the sushumna and awaken and stimulate the chakras
- become aware of how the chakras and sushumna act as a “memory bank” for our mental habits and thought patterns
- learn how to transform negative habits and thought patterns into positive spiritual qualities
Read the reviews here!