- 4 nights at a luxury boutique hotel in the center of San Miguel
- Daily Breakfast
- Daily Dinners at hand-picked restaurants including select wine and alcoholic beverages
- Daily Morning Yoga Class
- Day Trip to a Winery and Lavender Farm including tastings and lunch
- Entrance to the famous Hot Springs
- Historical and Shopping Tour of San Miguel
- 90 minute luxury spa treatment at the #1 Best Spa in Mexico
- Transportation to/from the Leon Airport BJX or Querétaro Airport QRO
- Transportation to all Day Trips
- In addition to daily morning yoga in the garden, we will spend our days exploring the beautiful city of San Miguel. One day we will have an expert guide walk us through the small center sharing all the best cultural and historical aspects of the city and buildings. Another day we will go a little outside town to check out the up and coming wine scene in San Miguel. There are many new boutique wineries creating wonderful wines now! We will go to a special one known for its wine and also it's lavender farm. We'll have a special wine-pairing lunch on the property and you'll have a chance to purchase any of their products including beautiful lavender products. Another day we will go to the Hot Springs right outside town which are known for their healing effects. And finally we will indulge in a luxury spa experience you won't forget as we will be going to the top rated spa in all of Mexico. You'll receive an incredible 90 minute massage that you won't likely forget! Additionally we will have downtime in the afternoons for pool time, shopping, art galleries, and so much more. You'll be seeing the best of this city for sure!
8am Morning Yoga
11am Travel excursion including Cultural Tour of the city, winery and Lavender Farm visit, Art Galleries, Hot Springs, and Spa Day
4pm Free Time to be at the Pool or out shopping etc
7pm Dinner at a top restaurant
About This Event
This retreat will focus on discovering the wonders and beauty of San Miguel de Allende. Sitting on a bed of rose quartz, this town has a particularly uplifting energy, offering a culture rich with artistic expression, which you find in every corner of the town from the architecture to the many art galleries of local artisans. Along with daily morning yoga at our own private luxury villa in the center, we will indulge in gourmet meals, have luxury spa treatments, relax at the hot springs, visit the acclaimed new local wineries, discover the history with a cultural tour, and much more.
This retreat is being held in what is being called The Best City in the World by Travel and Leisure and Time Magazine. While this UNESCO World Heritage Site has made the list for the best city in Latin America, it's the first time in the 22 years of the contest that it has topped the list of all international cities. San Miguel de Allende is a stunning small colonial city located 4 hours northwest of the capital in the rolling hills of central Mexico. Once a prominent market town and the birthplace of Mexico's independence from Spain, it fell into decline and became a near ghost-town in the late 1800s. What remained became frozen in time, and it was declared a "historic and protected town" by the Mexican government in 1926. Gradually re-discovered by writers & artists, the city's historic streets and adobe walled-buildings are now brimming with shops, cafes, & art galleries. This baroque-style city is akin to a European city with cobblestone streets, Spanish colonial style architecture, and delicious creative cuisine. The historic city center spans 68 blocks and contains many small, hidden gems and beautiful photo opportunities. The central plaza is surrounded by open air cafés, perfect for a coffee or a glass of wine. And San Miguel de Allende is filled with amazing local artisans and is a great place to buy handmade crafts and jewelry. You can find everything from baskets to pottery to embroidered skirts.
I just completed my first Terra Vera Retreat led by Michelle Lee. What an incredible soulful experience. As a mother of 5, I plan, organize and I’m proactively involved in every child rearing detail. It was a gentle reminder that we as woman need to fill our own cup to be able to continually love and care for others. The day trips and excursions were a perfect blend of relaxing, adventure and discovery. The food was above and beyond my expectations and every detail was handled perfectly to create an experience I will treasure for a lifetime. Thank you to Michelle for giving me the travel experience I needed to rejuvenate my spirit and charge forth back into my busy life with a centered and positive attitude.
AccommodationsWe will be staying at an enchanted hideaway in the fairytale city of San Miguel de Allende. It's a luxury heritage hotel in the Mexican heartlands and evokes the charm of a bygone era. Our group will be occupying an entire villa as part of the property which has it's own gardens and restaurant. The hotel is located perfectly in the center of San Miguel and allows easy access to all the sites and shopping within a matter of steps! A large pool, fringed with lush foliage and plants, provides the perfect place to cool off. The azure pool sits surrounded by the beautiful stone arches and arcades of the mansion. A courtyard dotted with manicured trees and colorful flowers makes it a fantastic setting to unwind with a cooling dip. Water fountains and blooming flowerpots dot the cluster of heritage mansions that make up the hotel. Here, history is woven into every stucco wall, tiled bath and curved ceiling, all balanced with modern luxuries. The rooms are exquisite—each one unique and rich with history. The decoration is evocative antique furniture, original artwork and sumptuous fabrics of old Mexico.
- Air Conditioning in Rooms
- Free Wifi
- Tour Assistance
- Fitness Center
- Bicycles For Rent
- Gluten Free
- Dairy Free
- Nut Free
Menu/CuisineThe cuisine of San Miguel de Allende is one of the best aspects of any visit there, highlighting Mexican cuisine but not exclusive to it at all. In fact, San Miguel has an excellent array of award-winning restaurants and cafes ranging from traditional to cutting edge. They are fast earning the city a reputation as one of Mexico’s top culinary capitals. Past retreat guests insist the meals were one of the best parts of the whole week. Healthy Mexican breakfast including fresh produce from the local area is served daily at the hotel, including eggs and specialty dishes. All dinners are also included and have been carefully chosen to offer the best cuisine the city has to offer. San Miguel is definitely a foodie scene and one of the reasons why it's a chosen destination to share with people. We've been to every good restaurant in town and have hand-picked the best! We can accommodate vegetarian and vegan diets.
Directions*Airports to fly into are either Leon Airport BJX or Querétaro Airport QRO
Transportation costs are included in the retreat price.